Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I screwed up  (Read 4019 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Apply for bear permit, check.  Get drawn for bear license, check.  Buy bear bait, check.  Have bears on trail camera, check. Only one thing I didn't do.... Buy the damn license.  I went to do that this weekend only find out I needed to do that by August 1.  Worst part is I had applied for 4 years before I got drawn.  Anybody have a permit for area 45?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh man that hurts hard. being that yu drew, ya start over. sorry to hear that.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
bummer..................that's gotta stink. sorry to hear deadeye!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe ya could plead the me no understand theory???????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man thats too bad.  Lots of rules we have to play by these days aren't there??

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
there shouldnt be a time limit to by the tag, if u dont buy it its still should be yours, take it out of the system, no differe t than if u buy the tag then life happens to which u cant hunt. at leastnif the deadline was prior to baiting or hunting yu could still get the tag
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The reason you have to buy it by Aug 1 is so that in case you don't buy it someone else can apply for it so that it does get sold to a hunter.   What was happening was the anti hunters were applying and then not buying so a lot of licenses went unsold.  They will spend $5 to apply to wreck your hunt but don't want to spend $35 to wreck our hunts.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup ive heard that,.realize that but dont like it. deadyeye got busy spaced it out now a lagitimate hunter cant hunt and had all the intensions to
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. It is without a doubt my fault.  It was entirely my fault, just didn't pay attention to the dates and thought it was similar to getting drawn for a doe permit.  I haven't decided if I am going to bait or not.  I might just bait to watch and take pictures.  I guess I can bait, bring my bow and hunt deer.  Oh, crap, just thought of it I would have to make sure nothing can be considered deer bait.  I may just have to throw in the towel.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
my understanding is its legal to set out test baits with out a lisences but cant hunt with in 100 yards come season, and its legal to bait baers for the intentio s of taking pictures. but better not have a wepon of anykind on you. things might have changed.  i.keep.baits active if i dont hunt them or havent drawn.in that zone just to remind the bears theyes a dougnut shop near by.
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
oh man that hurts hard. being that yu drew, ya start over. sorry to hear that.

Last year my dad was drawn for zone 51 which was the wrong zone for where we hunt so he didn't purchase the lisence.  He did try for a surplus tag and got a tag that way and killed a bear.  This year he didn't get drawn again but when I checked his preference points he has 3 points.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.