Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winnie fishing report 8/16/2016  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Four Seasons Resort

• Outdoorsman
This past week we had a lot of things happen on the fishing front.
The walleyes have been active in the shallow water and are staging like it is going to be an outstanding fall bite. Musky Dave caught muskies on back to back days this week. The first was 40" and the second was a 51" whopper. Northern fishing continues to be in the awesome category. Most days you can catch double figure numbers of pike. Musky Dave had to best my 37" I caught last week with a 40.5 inch behemoth!
The walleyes are being caught on crankbaits, jigs and minnows, and rigs or spinners trolled fast tipped with crawlers or leeches. Look shallow for the best action. Today I fished with jigs and minnows and caught them as shallow as 6 feet. Most of the action is tight to shallow structures such as rocks or weedlines.
Northern fishing is wide-open with all the normal tactics working. Find weeds, find fish. The difference between this year and last is the fish last year related to the breaklines while this year it is more of a weed bite.
The perch are starting to shape up this week, as well. Jake and Ali took out a motley crew consisting of my nieces and nephews. They boated some very nice perch on jigs and minnows. Most of the fish were caught in 5-7' of water. They were on the sand ripples on river bar. The fish were gorging on crayfish.
The way things are going, the fall fishing is going to be one for the books! We are offering our normal 20% off fall discount. We still have most weekends in September available. Check your schedule and give us a call. You don't want to miss out on this fall bite. It can be a lot of fun. - Joe Thompson, Four Seasons Resort 218-665-2231