Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958025 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 35 for our start & we should see 66 before day's end. Got 1/2 the handrail on yday & think I'll wait until the dock is done to do the other side. Pushed the rollout out another 4' just to see how it looked yday too. It looks like we can put another 10' section down there, no problem. Not sure that'll get done today though. :scratch: May start on the boat instead. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 35 and could see 73 today.  Will believe that when I see it.  Man the moon has been so bright the last few days it is almost like someone has headlights on the shades.  There is a chance of a fire after the wife gets done working. It is really greening up here.  Lots of buds but no leaves yet. Have a Dr. appt this morning and rabies shots for the boys tomorrow afternoon.  Good to get that done.  Not sure if I should attempt to put the dock out yet or not.  Think I will see what the rain coming does to the river levels.  May make it easier.  We shall see.  Well enjoy the day.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. The hay fairy showed up last night but didn't unload it so have that to do tonite. Also need to put a couple more round bales in the lot as well. Hay fairy will be busy. Have a blood draw ~9-ish. Sorta pi$$es me off. Once I turned 65 seems like they're hellbent on trying to find something wrong with me. What part of leave me the frick alone, I feel fine, don't you understand? Besides, if I'm hungry I'm gonna eat and if I feel like having a couple cocktails after work & chores, by gum I'm gonna have 'em. My body, my choice! Jerks!   :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A few years ago the nurse asked me if I ever drink the devil juice. I said yes and that led to a whole boat load of questions. Now I just lie and say no.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Mayo system is really down on alcohol and I get it, to a point. A few years ago the gal was running me thru their 20 questions and when she asked if I consumed alcoholic beverages, I told her, "Absolutely!" She just about lost it laughing.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have said; more than you'd like me too...  or just 2 drinks, the first and the last...   
« Last Edit: April 04/25/24, 11:19:19 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Them medical people just aren't happy unless your sick. Because I have no neck, they're convinced I have sleep apnea. Every time I go to an appointment, I get the same questions. They want to do a sleep study. The only symptom I have is no neck.
      One time a nurse asked if I drink any alcoholic beverages. Being in my mid 60's at that time, it seemed like no big deal. She told me that some people believe that if you ever drink alcohol, you have a problem. I asked her if that meant that, if you've ever had a meal, that means you have an eating disorder. End of that conversation.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.....done for the day at the store........i see a fire and beer in the very, very near future  :happy1: mayhaps a nap first!!!!

JB......one less blanky and then snuggle with momma!!!1 :sleazy: :smoking:

i go in twice a year for blood work and physical. i'm taking meds for blood sugar amongst other things,  so i dont mind!!! they also take enough for all kinds of tests when i donate blood. nice to know if they catch something early.

yea the questions about tobacco and drinking get old........they usually dont like my answers. i've had to fill out a questionaire.....i leave them blank or.......N/A not applicable. same with the owning guns  :bs:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

i go in twice a year for blood work and physical. i'm taking meds for blood sugar amongst other things,  so i dont mind!!! they also take enough for all kinds of tests when i donate blood. nice to know if they catch something early.

Ya, you'd hate to get snuffed by something ya caught from them cougars in Inger... :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, you'd hate to get snuffed by something ya caught from them cougars in Inger... :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Cat scratch fever

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Cat scratch fever
Darnit. Now I want to listen to some Ted Nugent.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   53 and heading to 49 today..well thats what they say.   They also say we could see some rain.  From what I am seeing it looks like its a fast moving system so maybe just a quick blast.  We could really need a few days of it.   But we can't control the weather so roll with what you are given and make the best of it.   Have a great day !!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF !! 47 here and supposed to make 54 today. Rain forecasted here also. Supposed to rain for the next 3 or 4 days the forecast says. Tomorrow we will make a day trip down to Little Falls for Reed's gun fair. We went last year for the first time. It was fun and impressive. Lots of people. We are going to get a shotgun for the granddaughter for her graduation coming up in June. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Jake started licking me to get up so just fed them.  It is 40 here and may see 59 with rain later on.  I meet the Vet at another place for dogs shots today. They usually just send them but they have to give rabies since the MN Vet lobby demands it.  When I lived in Stillwater I had all of my shots including rabies sent to a place in WI where I picked them up and then could give the shots myself.  They won't send rabies vaccines to an address in MN.  Crock and my Vet agrees.  The wife is home with me today so that is nice.  My consultation with the neuro surgeon has been moved up a week so next Thur. I can see them in Grand Forks.  Good I want to get er done. Well have a great Friday.  GO VIKES.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 44 here & we might see 53. A real good chance of rain by ~ noon here too. Put another 10' section of the new dock on this side of the rollout yday, & we're still not sure that's gonna be enough. :scratch: So, no decking yet as we'll wait to see what it looks like after the rain. Brother needs 1 of his meds so we're off to the big city today. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here and that could be the high today...  no rain here yet...  thought it would be raining by now the way they were talking last night..  got a few things to do today... I did get the yard cleaned up yesterday and I also got the orange harley home yesterday too..  went for a short ride but the wind was nasty so went home...   have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, it did hit 70 but almost had to have a coat on if you wanted to be outside for long with the strong south wind.  No firewood was damaged.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Banquet went well last night. One more to go next Friday. This one I get to sit and spend $$$ no helping. Might pull the boat up and clean it out today while it rains. Had a visitor this morning, just the one bird which surprised me. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
That is an awesome visitor.  I would like to get our feeders filled up but until the bear have enough food in the woods they won't leave them alone.  If they would just eat the food I would not care but they insist on destroying the feeders too.     

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Same bear problem here. I stopped filling the feeders almost a month ago. I won’t put out the hummingbird feeders until around Memorial Day, because those have been torn down, too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........its wet here. got lotz done yesterday afternoon while burning wood and drinking a few brewski's!! :happy1: slept in a bit this morning.

lawn is fertilized, and hummer and oriole feeders are up!!! today is striaghten out garage day......and maybe redo the transducer!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are thinking of putting up our hummer feeders pretty soon too.  Gonna take a huge T bone out to grill later on.  Meet the Vet at about 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .05" of rain at the ranch & .07" in Bugtussle so far. Has rained steadily since that measurement however. More rain on the way over the next several days. Car cruise coming up Saturday afternoon so will see if it'll be fit. The Mrs. won't be able to go so prolly fly solo this first time out. Got hay to unload yet this afternoon then we'll see what happens. Toodles!