Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: aluminum rims  (Read 12529 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aha sounds great thanks.  I will order some. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That fix-a-flat crap is way worse  Rebs, I got a buddy that does tires and he hates that stuff cause it basically glues the tire to the rim.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That fix-a-flat crap is way worse  Rebs, I got a buddy that does tires and he hates that stuff cause it basically glues the tire to the rim.

WHOOPS!! THAT's what I was thinking about; NOT Green Slime. Thanky!  I made a boobski. Must be too early. LPS, go buy three cans.   :bow:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I put a plug in a tire on my truck.  It must be leaking a little cuz once a month I have to give it about 5 lbs of air.  Would you put slime in that or take it off and put a patch inside it?  And once slime is in can you use an air gauge without getting slime in the gauge?  And can you put a patch inside a tire once it has been slimed? 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not sure about a truck tire, I've never put it in something high speed. You would have to check the package. I myself would get it patched.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking maybe that stuff would knock a tire out of balance....look what a 1/2 oz wheel weight will do...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Two good points.  I will get it patched and just use the slime for the toys...

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Maybe Rebs, I know it stays liquid...so it might balance as you drive. But, I don't know about high speed.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard that story :bs: about taking a tire off the rim after it's been slimed too. Don't think I would trust a tire doing 60-70 + mph as much as 1 that had been patched either.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it freeze? What about -10? A big lump of ice in yer tire, or no?  Hmmmm... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to the slime "question" site", and found this...looks like I'd get it patched, remounted, and re-balanced. (car)

Will SLiME affect wheel balance?

Adding SLiME to high speed tires - especially front tires - could result in vibration. In high speed applications, we recommend using SLiME as a  temporary repair only.  Installing sealant in rear tires alone does not, normally, affect balance.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Never had it freeze on me, my wheelers are stored out in the barn. ...gets pretty cold out there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think I'd worry about using it in atv tires, just cars/trucks.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a problem tire on the go Kart the kids had and the slime worked great. I've had to bring my pickup in twice for a new bead seal Cuz of corrosion . But ya i would stick to small tires for slime.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Smurfy said it worked OK on his ATV, boober.... :rotflmao: ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
#$%^(&@#$%^&*(  :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!