Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: wheeler is shot im afraid  (Read 7569 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Got a 2015 sportsman 570 polaris. daughter drove it to the store, it died. couldnt get it going. brought it into a freinds warms shop, crankcase was full of fuel. simple fisx if it wasnt EFI, change out the oil, flushed the crankcase, new plug, even a new battery. had to trottle it to get it run the ear pierceing squeal like bearings. having my mechanic look at next week. its got 800 miles on it. im afraid the engin is done for. any ideas why EFI would pump fuel into crankcase? cracked block/head? The squeeling has me woried tho more so, main bearing??? if engin is shot Polaris is gona get a call. any ideas would be cool.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucks. No ideas here, but keep me posted. The wife and I bought 2 of the same machines. One a year ago and one this last spring.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup, im afraid it might have been built on a friday.
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
This isn't a dig but I wouldn't own a Polaris ATV right now for these reasons. My parents had one and that went to crap too
 Have no complaints about Yamaha. Or can am. The one Yamaha has been thru the ringer. An oil change now and them is all its needed. My can am so far same thing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well its.the last.one im gonna own.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You'v got some bad rings, my friend. Seen it right out of the factory more than a few times. Had a brand-new engine myself that had that upon teardown.   :banghead:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
whats making the squelin
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My guess would be the main rod/crank bearing from all the fuel in crankcase....or it's starting to seize.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is not good to here.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But...could be other things, too...like the needle /seat are sticking, and flooding carb with fuel, draining down into crankcase. That would be a more common scenario. The squealing is hard to diagnose without actually hearing it, but remember that any oiled part that may be washed clean by gas can set up a squealing...let's hope a car clean/rebuild will fix the prob, and not sure where the squeal is coming form, as he didn't really say, unless he ran over a smurf.  ;D

PS...Do a quick compression and leakdown test on it, that will tell ya in short order if it's the rings. Quick and easy to do...and cheap.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/16, 09:46:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
For some reason I am thinking the EFI doesn't have a needle and seat.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup efi dont Hve needle and seat.thanks reb keep the ideas comin. maybe dew neexs a winter project.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh duh...of course it don't.  :banghead: Didn't catch that. Only one cuppa cawfee. Old school mechanic. I admit that was stupid.  OK, with EFI, bad injectors can leak gas when still under pressure. Like taking a fuel filter off a gas line with electric fuel pump before bleeding system...*PFFFFFFT*
Have them check injectors....and then do that comp/leakdown test. Now I NEED another cawfee.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks man really appreciate it. itsgoing to my mechanic next week, its been sitting for a week drivi g me crazy cause i got no direction to put my mind on it. friken thing was to be paid off in the spring, warrenty is out. so polaris is gona recieve a call when its diagnoised.
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I would call Polaris before and see if they will do anything. Hate to here from them "oh we would have fixed but now that someone else has took it apart we won't touch it now". Or something stupid like that.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with JB.  Call Polaris before anyone tears it apart.  They may want to do it themselves so that they can analyze the situation.  It may help that you are local too.  Have faith in mankind, they may surprise you and do you a big favor.....

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah been think on that to, i know i cant take it to the dealer thats for sure.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why can't you take it to the dealer and gripe??

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
whatsnthe dealer gonna do. sorry warrenty is up, if they call polaris polaris say its ur problem. i i work directly with paris ive a better shot at getti g a new engine. its a 2015, with 800 miles. they gota stand by their product dont ya think?
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would try the dealer first and then go directly to Polaris if the dealer won't help. But you are right with only 800 miles on it. somebody should stand behind the product.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
maybe, ive a cuusin in roseau thats work for polaris for 23 yrs, gonna see if he can point me in a direction.
78.50"

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
for sure, try cousin Mike first.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe, ive a cuusin in roseau thats work for polaris for 23 yrs, gonna see if he can point me in a direction.
as long as all his relatives stay on the north side of hwy 10 I think were good!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously though boar. I'd be really pizzed off if this happened to me. And would come unglued is the dealer wouldn't help.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah I called my cusin and he said try the dealer first and if ya get know where cal me back and start greasin a squeaky wheel. thanks guys for all ur input
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
whatsnthe dealer gonna do. sorry warrenty is up, if they call polaris polaris say its ur problem. i i work directly with paris ive a better shot at getti g a new engine. its a 2015, with 800 miles. they gota stand by their product dont ya think?

Polaris will tell you that you have to work WITH THE DEALER if they are going to do anything for you. I'll bet ya a big pkg of yer smomed meat on it........

whoops, just read yer reply above. I won't hold ya to the pkg of meat, but I WILL say I TOLD YA SO.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/16, 07:01:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Bummer Boar  hope the Dealer and Polaris helps ya....  Hey Glenn thought you were the Union Rep.. man Ive got a 2015 Polaris Ranger..looked at all your suggestions but said to myself...buy American and Buy Minnesotan  :ustroops:.  The sad thing was I had to look at about 12 Rangers to find one totally made in Minnesota the others were in Mexico...   Fortunately Ive had no problems with it but still glad I didn't go out of country...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer Boar  hope the Dealer and Polaris helps ya....  Hey Glenn thought you were the Union Rep.. man Ive got a 2015 Polaris Ranger..looked at all your suggestions but said to myself...buy American and Buy Minnesotan  :ustroops:.  The sad thing was I had to look at about 12 Rangers to find one totally made in Minnesota the others were in Mexico...   Fortunately Ive had no problems with it but still glad I didn't go out of country...
I am a rep...........i first look for union made!!!!!!! i have no problem supporting our neighbors to the north. i get the polaris part but to many issues we personally had and the horror stories.

the dealer we bought are can am at had all 3 brands.......we chose the can am. went to several different dealers, and this is where this issues came in, the yamaha and polaris dealerships we visited where plain dicks!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

My 2013 ranger has been great except for the junk relays under the seat need to be warmed up if it gets too cold out before it will start.  How does one know if it was made totally in the USA?
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood