Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Chem dip for carbs  (Read 2650 times)

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So I bought this Chem dip for carb cleaning last winter for the carbs on my sled. It worked pretty good on the carbs but I found other issues with the sled that I need to fix.
Just spent the past week or so taking the carbs off my boat motor and stripping them and dipping (Cleaning) them in the Chem dip solution and can't wait to get out on the lake to see if it's made a difference in performance.
Anyone else ever use this stuff? Comes in a paint style can with a wire basket in it that you can tip the whole carb in and let soak. Wash it off with hot water after soaking for 20-30 min and blow out with air and bam!
I've also cleaned my snowblower, rototiller, and an old lawn mower carb in this same can and they all run way better than they did before cleaning. Why haven't I heard of this until this year??
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i know guys that have them, and a couple guys strap a palm sander to the can and turn it on, the vibration gives the carb and jets a very deep.internal.clean. instead of just emersion. they clam it work bet than just soakin. and my mechanic who dose my carb work, has a harmonic cleaner. same prosses
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's good ol' parts cleaner in can. Same thing as when we used to pull a carb of and take it over to the parts washer tub...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i know guys that have them, and a couple guys strap a palm sander to the can and turn it on, the vibration gives the carb and jets a very deep.internal.clean. instead of just emersion. they clam it work bet than just soakin. and my mechanic who dose my carb work, has a harmonic cleaner. same prosses
i heard fireball does the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Chem Dip By Berrymans? Great stuff,They do make a more powerfull dip.I have a Gal can out in the garage,It's hard to get But I bet its the same as Reb refered to. Only to get it is to have the product number then search around I think Berrymans makes 3 different dips all named professional but 1 is lots stronger>
 If anyone wants the product # I can post it,Think it only comes in 1 Gal.cand and 5 gal cans It smells bad and the smell stays on you for days!!!
Melts any gloves I tried.
« Last Edit: April 04/24/17, 10:06:43 AM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A tip on using this stuff: DO NOT soak any rubber carb parts or gaskets in it!!!!!!!!!!    tut_tut-3315.gif

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A tip on using this stuff: DO NOT soak any rubber carb parts or gaskets in it!!!!!!!!!!    tut_tut-3315.gif

Good point Rebel!!!  It does say that on the can and I did take the carbs apart, removing the gaskets, any rubber and plastic parts.
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....