Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Da Bears News  (Read 122095 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Wilfs will be proud to know that Rasslin WWE style will get more of my attention then the Vikings game on Monday. I'm not a fan of the Monday night broadcast crew plus the game has become over saturated for me. NFL Sunday, Monday, Thursday, 2 games Saturday is more than I care to pay attention to.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If Da Bears lose to the Vikings, Nagy will be let go now that this guy is available:
 :happy1:

After Urban Meyer threw his staff and players under the bus for not being winners - like HIM - I doubt any NFL owners/GMs will be stupid enough to hire Meyer. 

I see that Vi-Queens Offensive Coordinator alum and offensive scape goat, Darrell Bevell, is the new Jacksonville interim coach.

Bevell was the OC under Brad "Chili" Childress in 2009, when Brett Favre and the Vi-Queens had that magic season.  Chili was fired the next season, Leslie Frazier took over, and opted not to keep Bevell on his staff.  The Seahawks hired Bevell, drafted Russell Wilson, and the rest is history.

Frazier hired Bill Musgrave as the OC and they, along with Adrian Peterson, led the team to three seasons of mediocracy as the leading rushing team in the NFL with one play-off appearance loss to da Packa's.

And now you's know 'da rest of 'da story.  ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Bevell definitely deserves a chance at head coach somewhere.  He may end up being the permanent coach at Jacksonville.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried to recap some of the background regarding the Nagy firing.  They also fired the GM.  I blame the GM more than the coach.

Nagy had early success, but then they got down on him for bad play calling.  It ain't Nagy's fault the GM drafted Mitch F'ing Trubisky second overall in 2017 ahead of Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.  :doah:

And then they followed Trubisky up with Nick I-Caught-Lightning-In-A-Bottle-One-Season Foles and Andy Parenial-Journeyman Dalton and expected to win?  :rotflmao:

They players like to play for Nagy.  I don't think it was his fault at all.

But in today's NFL, if you want to get rid of the GM, you might as well can the coach, cause the next GM with want his "own guy."

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nagy is young, he will go to a major college or NFL team as a OC to repair his image. He will return to the NFL one day as a head coach.

Pace on the other hand will always be known for the Trubisky blunder he will never get another GM job, or at least he shouldn't. He will get Christmas cards forever from Trubisky for making him a wealthy young man and Mahomes for not drafting him to Chicago.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Pace on the other hand will always be known for the Trubisky blunder he will never get another GM job, or at least he shouldn't. He will get Christmas cards forever from Trubisky for making him a wealthy young man and Mahomes for not drafting him to Chicago.
Maybe Trubisky can go in halfsies with the Christmas cards Christian Ponder sends to Spielman each year.   ;) :bonk:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe Trubisky can go in halfsies with the Christmas cards Christian Ponder sends to Spielman each year.   ;) :bonk:

That boat is pretty full, Treadwell is there and what was the other receiver who was a doper with the migrains...........good player but a head case.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

That boat is pretty full, Treadwell is there and what was the other receiver who was a doper with the migrains...........good player but a head case.

You're thinking of Percy Harvin.  Actually, I think Spielman maximized that one.  Spielman should be sending the Christmas card to Harvin.

The Vikings got 4 good years out of Harvin - two of them really good.  Harvin was a triple threat to catch, run and return, but he was a head case.

Somehow, despite all the publicity around Harvin's migraine and dope smoking issues and apparent displeasure in remaining a Viking, Spielman rocked by the news that the Minnesota Vikings had traded receiver/kick returner Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks. In return, the Vikings received the Seahawks' first and seventh-round picks in 2013 and a third-round selection in 2014.  With the pick they received from the Seahawks, which turned out to be #25 overall, the Vikings selected Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes.  :happy1: The other players they got were Arthur Brown :scratch: (LB 2013) and Jerick McKinnon :happy1: (RB 2014).

Seattle signed Harvin to a 6-year, $67M contract with $2.5M guaranteed.  Later in the offseason, Harvin was found to have a slight labrum tear in his hip, he had surgery, and went on the PUP list.  His first game for the Seahawks came in week 14 when they played the Vikings.  Harvin had 1 catch for 17 yards and a kick return for 58 yards.  Re-injuring the hip, he was out again.  :doah:  He didn't play again again until the playoffs, and he returned the 2nd half kick-off for a touchdown in the Superbowl.  Harvin allegedly had locker room altercations with teammates during his tenure with Seattle; also reported was that there were games where he sat himself down, refusing to go back on the field.   :undecided:

The Seachickens traded Harvin to NY Jets in 2014.  He was released by the Jets after one season and signed by the Bills and played for 2 years while continuing to miss games because of migraines.  :bonk:

P.S.  If you took Harvin's total production for the Seahawks (242 yards), it works out to be about $60,000 per yard :doah: - BUT the Seahawks did win the Superbowl that year!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 02:01:34 PM by Steve-o »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

At least 'da Bears had 'dat goin' for 'dem.   :blues brothers:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Really?  He is better than I have given him credit for.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe I am even asking but is there an upside to Trubinsky?  It irritates my wife when I inject an n in his name.  LOL He did play for the lowly Bears.  (sorry Lee)