Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whiskey jacks  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what I call them anyway.  White belly and grey feathers.  Not afraid of humans like other birds.  Great companion out there at deer camp.  They see that we have come to camp and start to hang out.  Funny how the word get's out.  we throw left overs under a tree and not long after it's all gone.  I usually bring some suet up also and hang it on a tree.  Hung some suet on my stand one time and made friends real quick.  I had one take a cracker right out of my hand.  I stopped doing that though.  Too much movement and racket for my stand.  I think some call them a grey jay also.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep we call them to. actually first heard that name for them from my dad. half the fun.....and pastime in the deer stand is watching all the other wildlife. for some reasonthough it was pretty scarce around my stand!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
To much chili the night before Glenn?? I always knew them as Grey jays until someone on here called them whiskey jacks. I like whiskey jacks,  sounds cooler. The actual name is gray jays though if you look them up in a bird book. they are fun to watch.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
To much chili the night before Glenn?? I always knew them as Grey jays until someone on here called them whiskey jacks. I like whiskey jacks,  sounds cooler. The actual name is gray jays though if you look them up in a bird book. they are fun to watch.
nope no chili before deer hunting. many many moons ago i made the mistake of having more then my shre of pitachio Nuts............... yea no more!!!!!!! :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!