Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 gardens  (Read 59535 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Planted radishes last nite right before .05" of rain fell, followed by anudder .17" overnite. Nope, not me. Dem guys was clean shaven. Here's a recent photo w/my girlfriend:

another master dreamer!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Asparagus is coming! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The raised bed has 4 rows of lettuce and 2 rows of radishes. I did fill up 8 pots on the patio with tomatoes,  serranos,  jalopeno  and some bell peppers.. now if I could just keep the squirrels from digging in da raised bed.. :censored:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The raised bed has 4 rows of lettuce and 2 rows of radishes. I did fill up 8 pots on the patio with tomatoes,  serranos,  jalopeno  and some bell peppers.. now if I could just keep the squirrels from digging in da raised bed.. :censored:

Mine does the job.  :evil:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

electric fence...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well the GENERAL came over last nite and tilled my garden up.  thanks a ton G!!!!!!!!! nice seeing ya again and  :bs: :bs:.

cept he didnt look so good??????????? hope he aint coming down wit somethin??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Prolly took one look at you and... :rotflmao:

The way it's growing could have rhubarb by Sunday... :azn:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
WOW how time fly's. Already planting time!! I have the garden tilled but didn't bother starting anything indoors this year. This summer I plan on building a small green house with an almost free heating system.. Not sure about the idea of heating for free but I will let you know if it works and will surly be willing to sell my idea for a nominal price!! Plan on heading to Duluth some time next week to try dip some smelt and sometime in between getting a few of the early seeds in the ground as it looks to be warm from here on out. Carrots onions so an and so on..
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother put some potatoes, & peas in the ground up here yday. Got flowers on the east side of the garage that are blooming, lilacs are really starting to bud, welcome to Spring. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks DEW for the pepper and tomato plants.!!! :happy1:  planted dill seed, radishes, lettuce, spinach and onions.

Today finish the onions  put in kalarhbi, tomatoes and peppers. Sure could use rain.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So could we!!!! Why don't you come back up? ;) :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: Reb made me do it. :sorry: Probably rain all week :happy1: now as we got the pump down at the lake goin this morning.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gettin' some more Tues-Wed, I'll send some up.... ;)
« Last Edit: May 05/06/18, 05:28:00 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Tues,Wed we are predicted for rain I sure hope it comes Its dry out here!!

After planting most all the big garden on Fri. I on Sat could hardly stand up from my fav chair!!! Today was in the chair till 1 hour ago when I took some asparagus.  OOOHH for sore! I figure I did about 130 squats in 3 hours and didnt think of what it'd do. Tomorrow back at it and finish BUT In a smarter way!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got onions, kalarbi, some peppers, maters in today.

things left yet are carrots jalepeno peppers, cukes GREEN BEANS, cabbage, and more maters!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

things left yet are carrots jalepeno peppers, cukes GREEN BEANS, cabbage, and more maters!!!!!
Since when did you start growing Hot peppers? I recall you refusing any hots!
 jalapeno peppers and a few others I had extra also,Now there in the cattails

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

i plant them to make salsa. once i'm done making salsa............we have  an administrative assistant that mexican.......she gets the rest!!!! momma dont like alot of spicy foods.......unlike me, i like foods with a little zing. momma does like me hot!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Send him some Ghost Bhut's and tell him they're "mild Jalapenos"......  :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Send him some Ghost Bhut's and tell him they're "mild Jalapenos"......  :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
yea well dat wont work.........i have a pretty good idea what peppers of the hot variety look like, ecpecially jalepenos so.................... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the perfect plant for you Glenn, it's called ketchup and fries. The same plant grows tomatoes and potatoes.

if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the perfect plant for you Glenn, it's called ketchup and fries. The same plant grows tomatoes and potatoes.
:crazy: :crazy: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Radishes planted Tuesday nite were emerging already Sat. And as I was hoping, we had our first rhubarb of the season yesterday. Stuff really took off. Couldn't tell any was even missing after it was picked.  :smiley:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Our rhubarb is only about 10 inches high.?Dotch what raddish you planting Is it slow to bolt?
 Park seed has a Cheriette radish that is great for warm weather. Ever hear of em? So many types probably not EH?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last nite got the last of the plants stuck in da ground, cabbage, jalepeno peppers and all the maters. only thing left is cukes green beans and carrots.

got the lawn, momma's flower bed, winter onion/rubarb patch and horseradish patch fertilized. now needs to rain!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
How much should I send ya from Swampville?   :angry2:

Tonight

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am.  Low around 56. Southeast wind 10 to 13 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Showers

Low: 56 °F

Wednesday

Wednesday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 7am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 7am and 10am, then a chance of showers after 10am.

Showers
Likely

High: 68 °F

Low: 50 °F

Thursday

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 65. North wind around 7 mph.

Partly Sunny

High: 65 °F

Thursday
Night

Thursday Night: Showers, mainly after 1am.  Low around 45. Northeast wind 6 to 14 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Showers

Low: 45 °F

Friday

Friday: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm.  Cloudy, with a high near 59. East wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

High: 59 °F

Friday
Night

Friday Night: A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. 

Chance
Showers then
Showers
Likely

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers.  Cloudy, with a high near 60. North wind 8 to 10 mph.

High: 60 °F
« Last Edit: May 05/08/18, 08:42:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i would like about 1 1/2 inches over the next 24 hours in a nice slow steady rain please!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll see what I can do.... :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Our rhubarb is only about 10 inches high.?Dotch what raddish you planting Is it slow to bolt?
 Park seed has a Cheriette radish that is great for warm weather. Ever hear of em? So many types probably not EH?

I'm a double cropper on spring radishes so typically not real concerned about the bolting. I harvest them, process them, toss the greens over the fence to the sheep and the area gets planted to something else for the duration of the growing season. In that spot it'll be zucchini or crook neck squash of some kind. The seed I planted was leftover from last year's late summer seeding, Cherry Belle and a blend of different types. That is one of the beauties of the late summer radish seeding that's ready in Sept. They usually don't bolt. I have a couple packages of new seed too I was hoping to plant, one is Cherry Belle and the other escapes me. Hell to get old.  :surrender:   
« Last Edit: May 05/08/18, 12:04:18 PM by Dotch »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm cheating this year.... I bought seeds in a tape.... My boxes are exactly 8 ft, and the tapes are 8 ft.....no waste!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm cheating this year.... I bought seeds in a tape.....My boxes are exactly 8 ft, and the tapes are 8 ft.....no waste!
During winter when I was real bored I made a whole bunch of them Nice way to plant prefect spacing.
 Just some TP cut in strips and kindergarten glue flour an water holds the seed in the TP folded over.Can ya tell I was bored?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So ya just stick the seed on the "glue" on a piece of TP, spaced how ya want?