Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who's Got da Answer ??  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

One point no ones brought up yet is how many times it really needs to be primed.  Seems like every motor I have ever had with a primer needed just a few or many pumps. Not enough she starves, to many she floods out and takes a lot longer to clear and start. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes. Prime about 3 times. Sometimes more ifs really cold. But, then you may flood it. Richer, denser mixture. How about if we all switch over to LP like the new ice augers and say screw it?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder if Lee's been workin' on that blower of his? Must not be too worried about the 12" snow I'm sending him today.....Oh, by the way, mine started on the first pull at 6* F this am...  :shocked:  I had to knock all the snow off it first to find the pull cord handle, though.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02/09/18, 07:36:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, no gas, no spark, no start. ;) :laugh: Starting to believe this is a spark issue, so I would be pullin the plug & checking that 1st. Ground it against the head & roll it over both manually & electrically. Look for a difference in the amount of spark. If that looked OK then I would try a small amount of gas in the cylinder & see if would fire by using the recoil. Just my .02
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
Don't worry about my stuff. My stuff always starts. Not the issue here. Both are outside. And I've been a small engine mechanic since 1973. Outside engines start outside. Your snowmobiles aren't brought in the house, are they?

Yeah, yeah, I've known for years now that you are perfect.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You were the one that started to question MY stuff. I'm not gonna bite on yer inane baiting statements.
Go try to ruffle sh** up somewhere else.
« Last Edit: February 02/09/18, 08:27:03 AM by Rebel SS »