Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO on Channel 11 News!  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Keep your eyes on Channel 11 news tonight for MNO. Not sure yet on the details but I will post them as I find out more! ;)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
5pm news, i think it'll be 5
« Last Edit: February 02/14/07, 01:45:31 PM by big_fish_guy »
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
That is awesome!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
I'll be watching...thanks for the heads up. What great exposure for the site.
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
The owner of the Illuminator jigs contacted me today regarding Kare 11 News doing a feature on the invention of the light up jigs, since they are a sponsor and I helped him recover over $6000 worth of stolen jigs last week, he wanted to add MNO into the news feature. The original interview was 10 minutes long, I'm sure they will be cutting a lot out to fit the story into the news, I think its supposed to be 90 seconds or so.

I'll explain more later, it's coming on now.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
well, michael herrick sure got a nice plug for the illuminator :)

did you all see the MNO web page?!

how cool is that.
were even more famouser ;D
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
i just caught the tail end of the piece on Channel 11. Hopefully I can view it on their webpage or maybe they will rebroadcast it at 10pm.

The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Here is what happened!

About a month ago, Jigglestick was browsing through the ads on Craigslist and came across an ad for glow jigs for $2 a pack, these were the Illuminator jigs that sell for $7 a pack, so jiggle posted the information in our forums, letting all of our viewers know of this awesome deal.

The seller (thief) of the jigs was selling them like crazy for about a week, word traveled fast of this unbeatable deal on the jigs. About 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by the owner of the Illuminator jigs and he asked if I could help him recover his stolen property, it turned out thet he was missing 1 big box containing 1000 packs. I told him that I would do everything in my power to help him, shortly after, I was also contacted by a detective, I told him the whole story on the phone and that MNO, Jigglestick and myself were just "caught in the middle" of someone selling stolen property on this website.

I was asked by the tackle owner and the detective if I would help in operating a sting, I was very hesitant in doing this, but sort of felt obligated because of this all happening on MNO, it was decided that I would be the buyer in the sting that was set up about a week ago, so here I am the "buyer" in this well thought out sting operation. I was given a handful of cash and had more than a half dozen undercover detectives protection, we all met shortly before the buy, and made a plan, I had allready previously purchased 100 packs at the beginning of this whole deal, so with my information and the detectives experience, we drove off to the "sting" location. I had 1 detective ride with me and the rest were hidden through out the parking lot, we arrived at the spot and pulled up to the seller, i walked up to her along with the detective and purchased 2 more boxes, then I asked if I could buy the entire lot, she pulled more boxes from her truck, i paid her and the detective then introduced himself as a detective, she was handcuffed and taken away in a squad car, I got into my vehicle and waited for instructions.

Originally the seller had 1000 packs, she sold 300 and the police recovered around 700 packs.

I was shaking the whole time.

In the end, the owner of the Illuminator got most of his product back, he gained a ton of free advertising "the hard way" and MNO gained a new sponsor and some exposure in helping out a local tackle company. ;D
« Last Edit: January 01/06/08, 06:47:45 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D  WAY TOO COOL !! and what an experance it must have been ??   way to go" SPINACHMAN "
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know...I don't think Hollywood could write a better story!  Well done Spinach!  Why is it I have visions of you running around in a Superman costume-standing proud with your hands at your hips?  (No I haven't been drinking-but I think I might have to now!)   ;D  If by chance this gets made into a movie, can you bring me along?  I want to see the sign with my name on it! 
« Last Edit: February 02/14/07, 06:29:16 PM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline barebackjack

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Way too cool fellas, WAY TO GO!! Its about time some of these criminals get caught taking from others :police:
IBOT #197 Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy ~jigglestick

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
In case you missed the story at 5pm here is a link to kare 11 news story.

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=42648&bw=
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Mr Harry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  Now that is a good news report.  Thank you Spinach for being a part of the sting and catching the criminal.   I have mentioned to my wife, I need to purchase some of them.

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country
So Jiggle gets one more title CRIMEBUSTER.  :police:

Good undercover show SPINNY ! ! !  8)
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I didnt do nothing man, I was framed!
it was all spinny, he's our hero ;D
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I only did what everyone else on this site would of did, I just tried to do the right thing and help out. I wasn't expecting anything in return.

In the end we did get something in return, free advertising on KARE11, I'm very happy that I took the time to help out.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You DA MAN Spinach!!! 

Way to rack one up for the home team and slam dunk some azzholes at the same time!!!

I bet you were shaking in your boots Ey! 

I must say though (and everyone should listen) - see what happens when you hang out with Jiggle.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 WOW! thats too cool...Spinny, did they arm you....Dirty Harry...Magnum Force...LOL

Well Punk...was it two jigs or was it three..I tell ya in all the confusion I've lost count myself...Well..feel Lucky Punk!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/15/07, 08:28:54 AM by Bufflehead »
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job Pat...

CSI - MNO Style...

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
jigglestick I know for a fact that you and Dr Bob never speak anything but the unvarnished truth! HAH! ::) :o :laugh: ;) BTW did anyone remember to tell the thief selling on the Internet locally,"Here's your sign!" I mean, really. How stupid is that? Congratulations Patrick! Were you wearing Depends! :laugh: ;) DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline MadBoBo

• Outdoorsman
  • Lost Rocky Lake Monster Bass
Hi all, Kinda interesting how this whole thing blew up.. I want you to know I think I was the one who blew the top off this.  I bought 30 pks from her and thought if they are 2.00 ea with a middle man how much if I went right to the top.  i was looking for a product to sell on eBay. So I in quired with one guy and told him how much we were paying and soon enough i was talking to Mr Herrick about it.  I am working with him now to move a few cases with ebay and some other online sources I have.  Im just glad that she was busted.  He is getting alot of press with this lately and MNO is responsible for starting this bust.  Good work all. Once I found out they were hot I wanted nothing to do with them but after talking to michael and showing him what I was getting for them on eBay he flipped out.  anyway the bidding war seems to be over on them.  Buy them here for $5 ea thats a steal....well not really a steal...well...you know... :laugh:

I will tell you that there is something to having the brightest jig in the water.  The Eel Pout LOVE them.  We caught 6 of good size this last week and 2-17" eyes on them.  the red was hot on millacs last week when others werent getting bites.  I ll put up some pics of our outing soon.

Oh and Eel pout DOES taste like Lobster.  My boys were very impressed.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
 :bump: For thise who may have missed this story.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That;s really cool, wish I would have caught that.
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
mno crime busters  :police: i bet the thief really feels like a  :moon: siting in jail , over some jigs  :rotflmao:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Good job you all,We all need people to take a bite out of crime.
so it look like i will be buy me a new jig for my box.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
Good job you all,We all need people to take a bite out of crime.
so it look like i will be buy me a new jig for my box.

DONT BUY IT FROM CRAIGSLIST  :imstupid: ;D

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
no I will not,  :drillsargeant:

Offline mplsplumber

• Outdoorsman
  • " Me on Lake Itasca "
Nice job SPINACH, I saw the report on channel 11. Good of you to help the owner and the law out.           :police:
" GUN CONTROL   (Hit Your Target)"