Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR LAST OF JUNE TO JULY 12TH 2018  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I haven't been doing these reports as regular as I have in the past so when you look them up you can assume that not much has changed sine the last posted one. If there are drastic changes I will update at a more timely manner. That being said I have been real fortunate to guide a series of repeat customers to possession limits of walleye along with some bass/catfish and northern pike. The fishing on Oahe has been a consistent summer bite with limits of walleye coming in for most boats that are experienced and have good information about depths/areas. I have been fishing different area's of Oahe including Sutton Bay, Bushs landing, Little Bend and Cow Creek and with the exception of a few real windy days have not had any trouble filling limits for my customers. On Oahe I am still catching most of the fish in depths less than 15 fow however many boats are going to even 20 to 30 fow and doing well. Most presentations work (minnows, crawlers leeches and plugs) so if you have a favorite use it. I have been running smily blade/nightcrawler rigs mostly around shale banks in 10 fow to get limits of fish from 14 inches to 25 inches with around a 17 inch avg., on Oahe. I have been don to West Bend a couple of days and the fishing on Sharpe is still excellent for mostly a smaller size daily bag. You can now keep any size walleye until Sept 1st so most boats are coming in on Sharpe with lots of these smaller walleye with an occasional bigger fish. the fish are down around 20 fow for the most part with all bait/presentations working. The key to fishing for a bigger avg. size walleye on lower Sharpe is to fish submerged trees etc. but this also produces snags so catching bigger fish often means tackle losses. I want to thank all of my repeat customers pictured for once again coming up and fishing with me. Great times and Great memories made. Lots of water and sun screen/bug repellant are standard take along items.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch