Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242311 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My experience is that exercise is helpful but it won't do that much to lose weight unless you at athlete level or marine basic level or old school baling hay all day.   

Makes you feel better though.    Backing off on quantity of food and drink seems to be most effective for me.   

And I also think cutting back sugar and potatoes and white bread type stuff is a good idea.   

????   Exercise burns up calories....ya need to burn off more than ya take in....if ya consistently burning them off, you'll lose weight. But, ya haveta do a "good burn", ie; really  hit it hard for periods. I couldn't believe how fast it just came off me, but I went wide open in long bursts for that 10-12 mile daily ride. Averaged 22 mns and 20 some MPH to do that entire ride, according to the bike computer. Yer bound to lose weight doing that.  :tongue:

PS....the bike is for sale, Delmar...got $600? Think of the weight ya'd lose!    :smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I've seen everything...."heated by the sun".....this things dumber than a home-made radio, as my Dad used to say.  :bonk:

https://sewerskewer.com/products/sewer-skewer

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and only $59.95!!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, but if ya call in the next ten minutes ..... ;)
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 10:05:32 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Notice the before picture has snow on the roof and the after picture has no snow. I guess it clears your roof as well.  I see it has a female pipe thread on the bottom, my guess is you have to put more copper pipe on the bottom to "make it work".
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Could always leave Del dangling up there to keep the fart stack clear for the winter after he's done cleaning out the gutters. He wants to lose weight so why not?  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:over load the roof??? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

They sell an "extended length" version that "Gets down to warmer sewer air" for $99... :doah:

I just came up with a better and lots more fun idea. Put a grill igniter in the stack, with a remote button inside. Hit the button when sewer gas builds up, and *KAAFOOM*!
Also removes any pesky birds/snow around vent.  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife saw these for sale.  We have had our vent freeze up before and she wants me to make one.  Supposedly it is below where it freezes and lets warm air from below keep this thing warm enough.    May cost $10 then. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But the warm air rises anyway....   Piece of electric heat tape wrapped around it!!!  Or hang it down the hole!  Say...... :scratch:......       "Reb's Hole heater"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 10:44:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
But the warm air rises anyway....   Piece of electric heat tape wrapped around it!!!  Or hang it down the hole!  Say...... :scratch:......       "Reb's Hole heater"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:doofus:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

They sell an "extended length" version that "Gets down to warmer sewer air" for $99... :doah:

I just came up with a better and lots more fun idea. Put a grill igniter in the stack, with a remote button inside. Hit the button when sewer gas builds up, and *KAAFOOM*!
Also removes any pesky birds/snow around vent.  :rotflmao:

In addition it would blow out all the walnuts those pesky tree rats dump down the vent. Low flying aircraft might want to be careful in that case... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Order in the next 20 minutes, and get a free Walnut Net at no extra charge... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Could always leave Del dangling up there to keep the fart stack clear for the winter after he's done cleaning out the gutters. He wants to lose weight so why not?  :confused:

Blow on it????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife saw these for sale.  We have had our vent freeze up before and she wants me to make one.  Supposedly it is below where it freezes and lets warm air from below keep this thing warm enough.    May cost $10 then. 
That's what we did last year Barry. The main sewer vent is on the back side(east) of the cabin & all the snow that blows right off the lake will cover it for a day or so. Eventually a tiny hole appears in the snow after a few days but not before it freezes . We've found ice down at the bottom of it before so the brother just made a T out of copper pipe that's the right length & put in it. Seems to have helped. :scratch: :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 06:09:33 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I smelled sewer type gas last winter in here. Laid off the bean'n ham soup and it cleared up.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 02:06:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I smelled sewer type gas last winter in here. Laid off the bean'n ham soup and it cleared up.  :rotflmao:
It got kinda stinky round here last weekend too.  :thumbs: :pouty: The wind was out of the north so I think I know what it was. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fish spray deodorant?  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It got kinda stinky round here last weekend too.  :thumbs: :pouty: The wind was out of the north so I think I know what it was. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Good thit we are east from you. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you have a lithp? Nothing to be athamed of. Mike Tython doth too.    ;)
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 07:36:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you have a lithp? Nothing to be athamed of. Mike Tython doth too.    ;)
:crazy: I gotta quit reading boars posts!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can read his posts???!?!  :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How long did you make your sewer gadget GNR?  What size pipe?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Aha!!!  :rotflmao:  :happy1:

I was thinking...wouldn't an old aluminum tent pole, or roof rake pole, work too?
« Last Edit: October 10/18/19, 09:01:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: GNR???????????? :scratch: Guns n Roses????????? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: GNR???????????? :scratch: Guns n Roses????????? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That's what I was wondering....GNR??!!  Gin Not Ready? Dotch?  :confused: