Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517695 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: WAYYYY   :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :tut: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Trubisky, Foles, Bobby Douglas, Tomzak.........other than McMahon does it really matter?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Foles was the MVP in a recent Superbowl.  Doesn't seem to mean much these days.  That sort of confuses me. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
This is cousin's year.. he'll light it up with nobody in the stands to boo him.. :bonk:
« Last Edit: June 06/12/20, 08:40:57 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  But really I hope you are right.  I try to be optimistic.  This well be a much different team this year.  I hope they gel early.  The team that does that best will win. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is cousin's year.. he'll light it up with nobody in the stands to boo him.. :bonk:
I'll boo that choke from the comfort of my easy chair like I always do  :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: WAYYYY   :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :tut: :pouty:

:popcorn: I was just answering a question presented to me on dis Vikes thread by by one of yer esteemed :doah: Viking fans! :bow:
:taz:
So blow it out yer :moon:.... Yer just upset cuz now udder Viking fans are showin intrest in "DA BEARS" :blues brothers: on dis thred :tut:

Let's be honest bro! Ya can't blame-um after day kicked Da Vikes :moon: :moon: 's twice last year. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So quit yer cryin Glenn!

Enlarge  :Photography: fur best viewin
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 07:55:25 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Is kicking the Vikings butt considered a big accomplishment down in the Bear den? It is a frequent occurrence and shouldn't come as a surprise lots of teams do it.

What would come as a surprise to many would be a competent NFL quarterback for the Bears.    :doah: 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Is kicking the Vikings butt considered a big accomplishment down in the Bear den? It is a frequent occurrence and shouldn't come as a surprise lots of teams do it.

What would come as a surprise to many would be a competent NFL quarterback for the Bears.    :doah:

As much as I hate ta admit it :bonk: Yer absolutely  correct on dat!  :pouty: :pouty:
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 08:02:18 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
             Minnesota Vikings: Dalvin Cook, RB...... :scratch:

:scratch: .......
Coming off a career year, Cook is already threatening a holdout in 2020. Cook was a difference maker for the Vikings offense, but it was also the first season in three years that he was able to stay on the field consistently. Between Cook's injury history and contract situation, he's an easy candidate for fading in 2020.

Just Sayin :confused:
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 02:07:18 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You can go down to a JUCO team and find a running back. They paid Cousins, now they gotta find some behemoths to block for him and a guy or two to catch the ball. Spend the rest of the money you save on Cook on the defensive side of the ball and take your chances.

They aren't winning the Super Bowl with or without him this year anyway.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy, and here I thought you had your lawn chairs set up for the parade already. :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yea they ain't ever winning a super bowl with cousins ad the QB.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the NFL & the NFLPA have come to an agreement on a couple issues needed to try to get started with their season. No preseason games but a longer training camp is 1 & everybody getting tested everyday for 2 weeks before they go to training camp is the other. Still some other things to get ironed out with the salary cap next year being a leading 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Pierce is opting out

https://www.startribune.com/new-vikings-defensive-tackle-pierce-opts-out-of-the-nfl-season/571933382/

Sounds like a well thought out decision.  Good for him.  (Bad for the Vikes.)  But good for him!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Read in the paper this morning the Vikings signed Cook to a new 5 year 63 million dollar contract. Now watch him get hurt today. :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so now I'm hearing the Vikings practicing social distancing yesterday, what next!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya good one.  I don't think Cousins brings any excitement or real optimism to the team.  Look at the complete opposite as in Favre.  At least the team had fun with him and wanted to play for him.  Almost any other QB in the league may do better for us except Newton.  Couldn't handle that. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also heard on KFAM as they were bashing Cousins which was fun as heck that our time of possession was the shortest of any team since they started keeping track of it which I think they said was in 1977!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I don’t know. Cousins kind of fits in with the Vikings tradition— have a few good games/plays and then dash our hopes. Shoulda kept Bridgewater.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
And Keenum. Would have left us more cap space to pay to improve other positions. Like the O-line.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Bill Parcells was famous for once saying, "You are what your record says you are."

And most media football analysts figure, "You should know what kind of football team you have by the 4th game."

If we put those two things together, the best we can hope for this season is a .500 squad.

Funny... No one saw this coming.  I guess we figured that...
  • Zimm would do more of his voodoo to produce a top flight defense despite nose tackle Michael Pierce opting out, losing the top 3 CBs to free agency, and losing DE Hunter to injury at the beginning of the season.
  • Kubiak's offense would pick up right where Stefanski's left off (and with all of Kubiak's experience and clout in the league - I almost can't believe I typed that).
  • Cousins would get better with yet another year under his belt.
  • The offensive line would be better without an infusion of improved talent.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I still think getting rid of Keenum was a bad move on Zimmers part.  His arrogance got in his way.  He just never did seem to like Keenum.  The team really liked him.  Now I think the team gave up on the Kubiak/Zimmer philosophy along with Cousins as QB.  I agree that an 8 game win season is the upside target now. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the mistake was getting rid of Teddy - and Zimm liked Teddy.  It must have been Spielman who decided they couldn't give him a contract after the rehabbed injury.  Teddy has the kind of leadership you look for at the QB position.

Keenum was clutch for the Vikes that season, but I had the feeling he caught lightning in a bottle.  The league was just figuring out the Diggs/Thielen tandem and they bailed out Keenum on balls he heaved out there.  Keenum's biggest asset was that he wasn't afraid to fail.

Cousins probably has the best basic throwing skills, but lacking leadership and performance in the clutch, he leaves a lot to be desired.

Its kinda like the "Prevent Defense" except running it on the offensive side of the ball for the whole game.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And now we know why Diggsy left.  He was the smartest of them all.  He is smiling and having fun playing football. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I would have kept Keenum (although I missed that call from Spielman  :doah:) and would have drove Bridgewater to the airport. In the Viking offense (which is offensive) Teddy had no chance at all. The Vikings were never going to get a chance at a #1 qb coming out of college. They had seen Green Bay with average players and 2 HOF quarterbacks dominating the division. Cousins was cheap and their best option at the time.

Little did we know it was Zimmer & Spielman who they should have cut loose.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And maybe Kubiak should go with them.  Diggsy may have know more about the Kubiak offense than we know too.  Stefanski may have been the best of all of them. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read that Barr is out for the season with a torn pectorial muscle. i know some dont think much of him but he can have some good games and i like him on this team!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ouch!  He is a pretty important part of the Zimm defense.  Good luck to them.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well that seals it. Start all the kids. These guys can't stop anybody anyway might as well get them game experience.

Oh, let Cousins call his own game also. What the hell ya got to lose?