Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518040 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There will be talk all season about whether or not Zim and/or Spielman should be fired if they don't do well in the play-offs this year.

Both have hits and misses.  We've talked about most of them.

MAYBE the Vikes let the next great NFL head coach (Stefanski) walk out the door (following in the footsteps of Dungy and Tomlinson).

MAYBE the Vikes are stuck with an inexperienced understudy (K. Kubiak), who just isn't up to the task (following in the footsteps of Mike Tice, Brad Childress and Leslie Fraizer).

I ain't saying that if the Vikes don't go to the Superbowl that Zim and Spielman have to go, but if this team continues to underwhelm, it might be time to try a fresh, non-defense-first approach.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't agree more.  Too bad they let Stephanski go.  Seems like he was the one that knew what to do.  I have stood by Zim whilst he learned the ropes and made some gametime mistakes.  But now I wonder.  He asked for bigger O linemen and got Bradbury who is a little guy for a center.  Not what he asked for and he was a first round pick.  We were tough when we had huge Loadholt as center.  I think that is the first key to a good O line.  A big tough center.  This season will tell the tale.  I don't see too much to look forward to.  I don't think Zim is a Cousins fan neither and he just got stuck with him.  Both of those things are Spielmans fault.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There is a shelf life on coaches & GM's. Spielman & Zimmers time have come to move along. It's a rinse and repeat league so both would land on their feet again.

Zim has done nothing. Beat GB rarely, lose to Detroit occasionally (who does that!) and gets out coached and played in Chicago.

He hasn't earned the right to struggle year after year. The North isn't that tough.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The only problem is...  who do you replace them with?  :confused:

Granted there have been different owner over the life of the franchise, but collectively they don't have a spotless record in hiring GMs and coaches.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The only problem is...  who do you replace them with?  :confused:

Granted there have been different owner over the life of the franchise, but collectively they don't have a spotless record in hiring GMs and coaches.

Depends on where you want the franchise to go. These days the coaches select their own GM but, if it's a college coach than I want a veteran NFL guy as GM.
What will they do with Cousins? His deal is up soon, will they resign him or grab a college kid or try getting a established veteran off another team. All things ownership would need to consider.

Personally I would want McDaniel from the Patriots as coach. His problem in Denver wasn't that he can't coach, it was the ownership didn't back him up when veteran players had to go. If you look closely at the Patriots they seldom get blown out. The offense always is in the game even with lesser quality players.

Zim is a nice enough guy but he hasn't shown the ability to take them over the top. Very similar to the guy in Cincinnati Zim learned under.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Zim's a dead fish, with no personality on camera what so ever. I can't Imagine he makes the locker room come alive either.  :rolleyes:

Even my wife who knows nothing much about the Vikings other then they keep losing and have not won a Super bowl, keeps asking.
"When are they going to fire that coach and get a new one?"  :confused:  Even she can see that!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim's a dead fish, with no personality on camera what so ever. I can't Imagine he makes the locker room come alive either.  :rolleyes:

You be the judge.  (Do watch the first video back when he was with the Bengals.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFsyKMLQ_Tw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFbSa1EqHPo

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Even my wife who knows nothing much about the Vikings other then they keep losing and have not won a Super bowl, keeps asking.
"When are they going to fire that coach and get a new one?"  :confused:  Even she can see that!  :rotflmao:

I've been hearing that from ViQueens fans since about 1973 or so.....that's why I had to finally take my leave of 'em in 1999, along with three of their best players, after I couldn't handle Dennis-the-dork Green anymore.....and followed them down to Tampa.   :moon:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

You be the judge. 

It's time to send a message!   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings’ Mike Zimmer Gets Brutally Honest About Job Security

“I think if you polled all the offensive coaches in the league, they would say that I’m still ahead of the curve,” Zimmer said. “They would tell you how much they respect me. So I don’t worry about all that. The fans can say all that stuff they want, but the people who know, they know.”

Zimmer admitted to feeling the pressure to make the playoffs this season, but it’s akin to any other year.

“I feel pressure every year, so I don’t look at it like I’m coaching for my job,” Zimmer said. “I’m going to put my resume out there on the field just like the players. And if people don’t think I’m good enough to do it, so be it. Somebody else does.”

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
For the record, I don't care if he is the coach or if they poach Mike Grant from Eden Prairie.

I can't afford to go to a Vikings game nor would I ever want to. I enjoy watching the occasional game but if there is a good rerun of Boston Legal on TV I would watch that first. Sports mean less and less to me as every year fly's by, which is sad because I use to be a big sports fan for everything except basketball & soccer.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: He must be doing somethin right ;) :laugh: :laugh: https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/08/24/mike-zimmer-girlfriend-katarina-elizabeth-nfl-news/ A local girl too, well Duluth, could be dangerous though as she went to school at Northwestern.  :scratch: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 
« Last Edit: September 09/18/21, 08:59:23 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She's a hottie for sure.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
She's a hottie for sure.
  :scratch: He's 64 & she's 37!! :crazy: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mail order bride from Russia!!!  just sayin.....    :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope he keeps his finances under control. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
A hottie for sure. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mail order bride from Russia!!!  just sayin.....    :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Call 1 800 HOT1- NYET!   :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shades of Anna Nicole and J Howard Marshall!!!!!!!   :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea I thought I was marrying into money too!!🥴🥴 :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
She's a hottie for sure.
  :scratch: He's 64 & she's 37!! :crazy: :sleazy:

He's rich, she isn't.
:scratch: Worth over a 1/2 mil $ that's not exactly poor in my book :crazy:, especially at that age. :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that about what those retired Union guys make?  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that about what those retired Union guys make?  :scratch:
:tut: :tut: ain't me, might be the top dogs though. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How bout them Vikings.  training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :confused: :doofus:

Beyond me how a guy can kick 2 - 52 yard field goals yet miss an extra point and chip shot field goal. :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

How bout them Vikings.  training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :confused: :doofus:

Beyond me how a guy can kick 2 - 52 yard field goals yet miss an extra point and chip shot field goal. :confused: :pouty: :pouty:
:scratch: You ever hear of Murphy & his law? :rolleyes: :confused: He's been a longtime caretaker :banghead: :bonk: of the Vikings in my book! :pouty: :doah:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
The team looked great!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was fishin' so I missed the game.  Again I only got to listen to the first part of the 1st quarter on the radio.

Sadly, I did watch the Chiefs/Ravens game last night, which reminded me of the Raiders/Ravens last week.

Why can't the Vikes do that? 

Why can't they turn 4 yard dump passes into 45 yard touchdowns?

I know they are only two play away from being 2-0 instead of 0-2, but they are missing something:  energy, confidence, and swagger.  When you watch Chiefs, Raven, Raiders, Bucs, etc. you see those things.

I don't know who carries the blame for the lack thereof on the Vikes, but that is what will take them from looking great to being great.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
No Respect: Kirk Cousins is the NFL Rodney Dangerfield

Kirk Cousins is on an absolute tear right now. In fact, he has been on this tear for the entire length of a 17-game football season. Cousins currently ranks second all-time in consecutive games with a quarterback rating above 90+ (17 games), ranking only behind Peyton Manning (23 games).

So far this season Cousins has accumulated the following stat line:
  • 918 pass yards
  • 8 touchdowns
  • 0 interceptions
  • 118.3 passer rating through three games
  • 73.9 completion percentage
  • 0 lost fumbles (something that has troubled him in the past).
By comparison, let’s see how Cousins stacks up against his peers.
  • 7th in pass yards
  • 4th in touchdowns
  • 4th in passer rating (minus guys with only 1 pass attempt)
  • 4th in completion percentage (minus guys with only 1 pass attempt)