Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 529625 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got mine paid off a few years ago and that was great!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read.  Vikes acquired the Texans first round pick #23.  We gave them a couple of 2nd rd picks appx.  1 this year and 1 next year.  ??  SO now word is they will trade both first rd picks for one of the top 4 slots OR trade for Justin Herbert who is ranked the #6 QB in the NFL.  That kind of surprised me that he was rated so high.  Anyways we are sitting in a good spot.  Good job Kwesi!!!  What an epic off season so far.
:scratch: This 1 seems to think they could get their guy at #5. They probably won't even know until Draft day which way they will go, so they will need to be ready for just about anything. https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/can-vikings-now-move-into-draft-top-3-drake-maye-jayden-daniels  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/24, 05:04:10 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We will probably be hearing 100 different versions of what they are going to do in the next 5 weeks, if we want. :doah:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I think it depends on who they want.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope they don't give up 3 1st Rd picks & a 3rd Rd like SF did to get their guy. But they most likely will have to move up to get 1 of the guys they like. Harbaugh is letting a lot of their FA veterans go & stockpiling picks, so I think a reasonable trade could be made with them to move up to #5 is a good option. Who is left at #5 remains to be seen as 1-3 will most likely be a QB. Arizona is #4 & many think not looking for a QB. :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
no i aint drinkin!!!!!!
You can't wait to drink more of that Purple Koolaid!  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
And the NY Giants need a QB also and could very well jump ahead of the Vikes into number 4. Arizona has 4 and doesn't need a QB either.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/24, 06:24:53 PM by KEN W »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The NYG just signed Jones to a 4 year / $160 million contract last year, so I'd be surprised if they went that route with their 1st Rd pick. Most of what I've seen has them taking a WR, just like Arizona, but you never know. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :confused: MEH....who cares......i'll wait till this fall!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Glenn! that is awesome!
thanks.....it is and feels friggin awesome. been a long time coming!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I try to show people that on a 30 year loan if you a 1 payment a year extra that you will cut many years off the loan...  still baffles me how so many people can't get it...   money in their pockets!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Way to go Glenn, congrats!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I try to show people that on a 30 year loan if you a 1 payment a year extra that you will cut many years off the loan...  still baffles me how so many people can't get it...   money in their pockets!!!   

My wife is in charge and she does this also. :happy1: :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Adofo-Mensah now sits on the hottest seat in Minnesota sports, and with Cousins gone, that seat no longer features a safety belt.

This is no longer a competitive rebuild. It is a reconstruction. And if he can't immediately find a franchise quarterback under difficult circumstances — picking 11th in a draft in which the top three or four prospects could go in the first 10 selections — the Vikings could reside at the bottom of the division for years.

Needing a quarterback can set a franchise back in two ways:

1. If the quarterback can't play, everyone will likely get fired.
2. The pick used to take the quarterback who can't play could have brought in a star at another position. After the Vikings selected Ponder in 2011 , seven future Pro Bowl players were drafted in the first round.

This draft represents a difficult but fair test for Adofo-Mensah and his staff. In one of his first media interviews on the job, Adofo-Mensah called Cousins "a good quarterback," then added, "We don't have Tom Brady," and, "We don't have Pat Mahomes."

Now he doesn't have Cousins, his safety belt, either.
« Last Edit: March 03/16/24, 08:18:56 PM by KEN W »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty exciting from what I see.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well this sucks......just read where KJ Osborn signs with  New England!!!!! :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They resigned Powell right away as he returns kicks too & then they signed a FA from the Bills the next day. So, he probably saw the writing on the wall. :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn I liked him too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
well this sucks......just read where KJ Osborn signs with  New England!!!!! :surrender:
No room to sign KJ if JJ gets all the doe-ray-mi and Adison up-and-coming.  Just hope they sign JJ now.

But my hot take is still this...  I think Adofo-Mensah is willing to blow the whole thing up, and even if he has to package JJ with another 1st rounder or two, he just might pull the trigger.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  But would have to be a big payback  and I think we have the QB situation under control without using JJ as bait.  Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to see them move up and take Marvin Harrison JR. Just think what our receiving core would be like along with Jones at running back a good receiver. And he would be on a cheap 5 year rookie contract.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of the mock drafts I've seen so far have Harrison Jr going to Arizona with pick # 4. This is 1 would be good for the Vikings IMO. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-vikings-use-second-first-round-pick-to-trade-into-t :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: that link above didn't work for me when I just tied it so :rolleyes:......try this 1 instead..............it's the 1 just right of the pic of J.J. McCarthy. https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=169&q=cbs+mock+draft+2024&cvid=d565edd0ad7d4b9d90b412a07b27a412&gs_lcrp=EgZ

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I wonder if they will do the same thing with the UNC kid, Mayes, before draft day? Minnesota is slated to have quarterbacks coaches Josh McCown and Grant Udinski in Ann Arbor for McCarthy’s pro day on Friday, and the team also has arranged for a private workout with the Wolverines signal-caller next week. That workout will be attended by Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell and general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, according to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reported Monday.  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They added a guy, Williams, on the DL from the LAR yday. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why are the Vikings  dragging there feet resigning the Resiner dude. He played well  :confused: :confused:

Sometimes I wonder about  this GM ! :crazy: :doofus:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder that too.  Is he that expensive?  We sure need OL guys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/20/24, 07:26:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is all NASCAR stuff Gunner.