Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whatchya smokin  (Read 103486 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I had an extra slab of pork belly, so I made some pork belly burn’t ends. Into the smoker with rub, pulled after a couple hours of smoke. Into an aluminum pan covered, with brown sugar, honey, and butter. Back into the smoker for 1 1/2. Over to the Weber to caramelized.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang that looks great!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep had me droolin until I seen brown sugar and honey. :pouty: :pouty: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

so now brown sugar needs to be added to the "list"!!!!!!!!  honey is already on it...  HD!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The only way I'll knownly eat brown sugar is in cookies or the like. My ex wife made chili or something with brown sugar, I swear she put 5 lbs in it. Although she'd  ef up a pot of boiling water.
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

AND ya don't put sugar of any kind in chili for cripes sake. :doofus: :doah: :censored:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Glenn, what do you think they put in barbecue sauce? It’s only a 1/4 cup of each.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i know.......i maybe go through a jar of BBQ a year. some just taste a lot less like brown sugar then some.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't get me wrong coop, that looks really good  :happy1:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't feel bad coop,  I tried to give Glenn some homemade bacon at rebs, but he ran like a Somalian from that.. :mooning:  He did tho grab some Canadian bacon I brought,  which was brined in pops ( brown sugar, white and molasses).  See, your still breathing.. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't feel bad coop,  I tried to give Glenn some homemade bacon at rebs, but he ran like a Somalian from that.. :mooning:  He did tho grab some Canadian bacon I brought,  which was brined in pops ( brown sugar, white and molasses).  See, your still breathing.. :rotflmao:
:scratch: :scratch: I don't recall?? :scratch: :evil: :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

you are so full of  :bs: :bs:!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh huh.. Nice try!!  :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those burnt ends look great.  Did they taste as good as they look?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :doah: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have 2 chunks of boneless pork loin in apple cider till tomorrow and then on the smoker they will go!!!!  might have to make some hard boiled eggs too so they can go on there at the same time!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the pork loin is still smoking away!!  did the eggs too and now I have a bunch of smoked deviled eggs!!!  and they taste good too!!  a few more hours and the loin will be ready too!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, how long do you leave the eggs in the smoker? It sounds like they would be great. Thanks. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, how long do you leave the eggs in the smoker? It sounds like they would be great. Thanks. :happy1: :happy1:

Mark, any where from 1/2 hour to an hour..  but mostly done by 45 minutes...  they can get rubbery other wise...  and lowest temp too and you are welcome!!   :happy1: :happy1:

also when I did these I cut some in 1/2 before smoking to try some thing different..    good luck with them!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/25/20, 12:51:13 PM by mike89 »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Mark, any where from 1/2 hour to an hour..  but mostly done by 45 minutes...  they can get rubbery other wise...  and lowest temp too and you are welcome!!   :happy1: :happy1:

also when I did these I cut some in 1/2 before smoking to try some thing different..    good luck with them!!!
few times i did eggs, I Used pellets and one of those tube things... They work great.   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

few times i did eggs, I Used pellets and one of those tube things... They work great.   
  ×2 an hour will do a cold smoked egg wonders.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Smoked eggs might be on the menu for tomorrow...

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The boys could use some pics del.. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The boys could use some pics del.. :happy1:

OK, haven't done anything yet...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Did a pork butt instead..... but no pics.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I got the porcupine meatballs made, 3# of burger and made 21 meatballs, now they are on the smoker..  we shall see!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Mike,  I did look em up but I'm not a huge fan of rice. Although I'd give one a shot.  :happy1: Someday I'm gonna do cheesy smoked meatballs,  that'll do the arteries some good!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Mike,  I did look em up but I'm not a huge fan of rice. Although I'd give one a shot.  :happy1: Someday I'm gonna do cheesy smoked meatballs,  that'll do the arteries some good!

I'm the same about rice but this just sounded good..  and I thought about adding cheese to them too!!!  next time!!!  and thanks!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well other than the bottom of the meatball got a little crispy, they turned out good I'd say!!  some thing different...   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I had an extra slab of pork belly, so I made some pork belly burn’t ends. Into the smoker with rub, pulled after a couple hours of smoke. Into an aluminum pan covered, with brown sugar, honey, and butter. Back into the smoker for 1 1/2. Over to the Weber to caramelized.

looks great but holy cholesterol,neighbor does a good job on burnt ends but fattly as hell,does "buffalo turds" as well but nary a sample of those yet,