Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Water leak on my 115 hp 4 stroke Merc  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Figured out where the leak was right away.  I'll have to bring it to a local guy who repairs outboard engines at his home.  Good guy and honest.  I just want it done right.  If I had a ounce of repair knowledge I could probably fix it myself.  good luck.

« Last Edit: June 06/15/19, 04:51:13 PM by Reinhard »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks like the line didn't drain out last fall and froze.  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Your probaly right Leech.  It's original everything.  2002 motor.  Realy been happy with it.  Started up great and runs great and I have not had to get it repaired ever.  So I'm glad it's this vs more serious stuff.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Update on that leak.  As you can see in the pic there is that crack.  At first the guy who is going to fix this for me thought he could just by pass the water hose.  Well, that part is there for a reason.  The fuel line goes through there and I thought along with him that so does the water line.  Actually what it is is that the whole part there has to be replaces because there is no water hose there.  It is a sealed part.  The water cools down the fuel line so the hose for the water is conected on top and the bottom of that part.  So that's my understanding.  A new part is $300 new but he can get a used one for $100.  He has never seen that before so it was new to him.  Good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Always somethin'!   :rolleyes:  "Well, there's no aftermarket part for that, so we have to go with the OEM Q3000 widget wanger, and those are $500......... :censored:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya,  If I went to a dealer they would have gone with the expensive part new and ripped me off on labor.  This guy I go to is honest and does not inflate the cost of parts.  All he charges for is labor.  $75 an hour.  A dealer here would of charged me $125 just to tell me what's wrong and then the rest.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
From now on, in the Fall, give Leech a straw, and have him come over and blow it out. *PHOOOO*   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/13/19, 05:46:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to know guys like that to bring things to to get them fixed.