Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Apple river, Somerset Wi  (Read 4870 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Was reading over on IDO, that Somerset city council put the cabosh to tubing on the apple river. :angry2: :confused
: :tut: :tut: friggin radicals. Sounds like a lawsuit is coming.

My step dad owns property on that river but away from the tubing.

Man I remember, barely,  a few weekend trips there in my younger days. :wowza: :wowza: :hubba: :hubba: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wouldn't that be public waters to be used by the public.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I saw the story on the news last night.  The council chambers were packed.  Everybody who spoke was against the ordinance.  The ordinance passed unanimously.

More government serving the people.   :mad1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
WHAT???!?!?! EVERYBODY tubes the Apple River, and has for years! Levi cut-offs, bikini tops,  tubes, boobs, and lube....! including yers truly! You can't ban that on a public waterway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's natural scenery!  :evil:  Someone needs a thrashing, and I'm just the guy to do it!!   training-087

http://www.fox9.com/news/businesses-say-new-park-plans-in-somerset-wi-could-kill-apple-river-tubing
« Last Edit: August 08/21/19, 08:41:37 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes.  Now families with small children can go down to that riverside parks and have picnics and not be disturbed by drunk, rowdy tubers coming off the water.

Still, something is fishy here.

All 4 float companies put in at River's Edge, but only two get out at the city park.  Where do the other two get out?

I haven't been down the Apple for decades, so I don't remember how it all works.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda like "If you remember Woodstock, you weren't there", huh?   ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I went down that river back in the day a few times.  After a few times with a few beers like most on the river I realized the river had part water and part urine on the busy weekends on hot days.  So then I found a nice ledge to sit on and drink beers and just watched the babe's floating by.  Once in awhile after a few beers and getting braver I raised my t shirt to some of the gals and some lifted their tops, although few.  Good times.  good luck.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes.  Now families with small children can go down to that riverside parks and have picnics and not be disturbed by drunk, rowdy tubers coming off the water.

Still, something is fishy here.

All 4 float companies put in at River's Edge, but only two get out at the city park.  Where do the other two get out?

I haven't been down the Apple for decades, so I don't remember how it all works.

My understanding is that the other two float companies either own or lease the exit areas they use.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i sent my stepdad an email asking if he heard anything........he hasnt.......knowing him.........even though hes an anti union putz!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm sure he's gonna look into it.

just for the record he was one of them Del kinda guys.............an enginner for 3M!!!!! :rotflmao: i dont really hold it against him much, but sure is fun poking him. :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Dang, I'm sure this will get turned around once the area bizz folks get involve.  Heck, it was the only place when I was 17 I could get a whole 12 pack of beer for free right out of the water, from all the loose ones floating down!  :sleazy:   :happy1: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotsa loose thing in those waters.  :evil:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Can crabs swim?
 :confused:
Hey, I'm just askin'