Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Woman survives 80-foot cliff fall in South Dakota state park  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Associated Press                                                                                               September 3, 2019 — 12:24pm

GARRETSON, S.D. — Authorities say a Minnesota woman has escaped with minor injuries after falling more than 80 feet from a cliff at a state park in South Dakota.

Minnehaha County sheriff's Sgt. Scott Dubbe says the fall happened Monday evening at the Palisades State Park, about 20 miles northeast of Sioux Falls.

Dubbe tells the Argus Leader that witnesses saw the 28-year-old woman strike the side of the cliff several times before she landed in Split Rock Creek.

Rescue crews pulled her from the water and took her to a hospital.

Link to the article: http://www.startribune.com/woman-survives-80-foot-cliff-fall-in-south-dakota-state-park/559260792/
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
80 feet straight down could kill you.  Bumping the side on the way down could have slowed her down.  Glad she is ok.  I never stand next to a cliff anytime.  I see pics of people sitting on a ledge of a cliff and enjoying the view.  If I did that in my mind I'm thinking at just that time the ledge will break off LOL.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been there years ago.  There is a bridge that doesn't look to high until you are actually standing there ready to jump.  LOL  Then it is a different story.  Rocks all over too so you need to jump right where the last guy jumped. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been there and it's a nice place!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!