Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lab question  (Read 13192 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh man I hurt for ya bud...  hope ya and the wife have a good night...  and sadly I was wanting to hear how this turned out too..  just was hoping for better....
« Last Edit: October 10/09/19, 06:54:22 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been waiting to hear what the prognosis was.  The wife and I have been thinking about you and her Glenn.  So sorry to hear the news but it is what needs to happen and it will happen to all of us.  You are in our thoughts Glenn.  Give the wife a hug from us.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear the bad news glenn. Thinking of you today.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanks everyone. Been a rough morning not seeing the brown face and her special little habits. The sheltie seems lost also. We took her in the room with us yesterday when they put Coco down.  I could tell be the shelties behavior the past week or so that she new Coco wasn't feeling well.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for the loss of your pup Glenn.
« Last Edit: October 10/10/19, 02:44:20 PM by Cooperman »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry, Glenn, I know it is going to be a long time before that ache subsides.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It is super hard, I know only too well. Things get better in time and its not good to see them suffer either.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks again everyone for the kind words. Been a tough 5 days. Looking for a urn for her now.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sorry for your loss glenner. hang tough bud!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry to hear Glenn and know the feeling.  Put down my older shorthair last winter.  I did pay the little extra to make sure I got his ashes back.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I think this is a very helpful thread. I have been noticing my lab who is 8 get up slowly at times.  I got some Cosequin to help with her joints.  After reading the other posts I wonder if anyone gave their dog this and if it helps.  IT's expensive the but I don't care.  Just trying to help now so she doesn't have any problems in the future.  good luck.

I thought about buying that same stuff from the vet for my old shorthair who had arthritis but has since pasted.  My vet told me it may help a bit but it’s like greasing an old wore out bobcat and you should have started when new.  I do give some vet approved glucose pills I get at fleet farm for the young shorthair.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
more sad news...…………... :sad: got a text from my son last nite…...he just left the vet and informed me his yellow lab has cancer and will be putting her down on Saturday morning. she is 12.

Comet, was like my granddog. she was up with us the 3rd weekend of deer hunting and wouldn't eat. my son said she hasn't really ate anything in a while. I seen signs things weren't right since this is still fresh in my memory and tried to slowly inform him of possibilities.

that dog was everything to him so its gonna be tough. I told him i'd come down to the vet with him sat morning. this brings back a lot of heartache. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :censored:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad to hear Glenn.  Great that you will be there to comfort him.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sad Glenn. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that Glenn!! that really suks....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That sux glenn.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I never had a dog so I can only imagine the pain of losing one that has been at your side for a long time. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Sorry glenn.  Losing a fur child is very hard. Try and remember all the good times.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
We are still struggling with heartache from having to put our Rocky down a few weeks ago. So sorry for you, your son, and the rest of the family. It’s so hard...
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys...…….

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thought of you Glenn when I saw this picture.  I loved every dog I've ever had and it's so hard to say goodbye to them. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought of you Glenn when I saw this picture.  I loved every dog I've ever had and it's so hard to say goodbye to them.
wow....that's so awesome...………….and so true.

THANKS Dakids. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Dakids,  that picture you posted made me cry.  Not much makes me cry.  I think Glen can agree along with his son that that picture is so right.  Made me think of my dogs I"ve had in the past.  Made me think of my daughters lab who died about a month ago who I loved.  He walked slowly to my daughters husband and fell down by his feet and passed right there.  Man, if that happened to me it would be hard to forget, and my son-in law is still in pain from that moment.  Glenn, your a special person to comfort your son when he needs it the most.  Reinhard

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Reiny appreciate the kind words. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just realized it's was a year ago today that we had to put the chocolate lab down. Still kinda sucks. :doah: :cry:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad deal glenn,even with a new pup its still hard,but "Hey" you still have great memories ,12 years worth that will last forever,I still reflect on  my last 5 boyz over the last 50 years and if I think to long I'll get a tear but my current pup snaps me out of it,its amazing how we connect with our pups and how they know when you're down,so much love.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's for darn sure!  It's a whole different kind of love!