Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ninja foodie?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
any camp chef's here that has one? been eyeballing one for a long time,couple years ago I gave a couple big northern mallards(plucked) I shot to a little old lady  wilst pheasant hunting in nebraska she cooked up for a small town game feed,well she did the birds in a pressure cooker (foodie is a pressure cooker and crisper) best damn duck I ever had next to bacon wrapped on the grill,meat fell off the bone,down side is the skin was like soggy boogers,well the foodie has a high heat element lid to finish off poultry crisping the skin,great concept but looking for 1st hand info if someone has this contraption

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We bought 1 for the oldest niece for Christmas last year, not sure how much she uses it or how she likes it. Best thing for her was that it was a pressure cooker, slow cooker, & air fryer all in 1 so it saves a lot of space.
« Last Edit: December 12/07/19, 07:06:26 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nope......i seen pressure cooker..............never.......never own one. i seen one blow...........nope....no way natta!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :censored: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hunting buddies wife has one. Awesome
fries that are crisp and just as good as deep fried.
made a roast, super juicy, lots of flavor.
She says you can cook a whole meal at once at different levels.
Im going to get the wife one for Christmas, only problem Wally world is the cheapest at $149 for the 6.5 qt, but I hate that place.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

only problem Wally world is the cheapest at $149 for the 6.5 qt, but I hate that place.
:sleazy: :sleazy: :rocker; :nerd: :nerd:

a man after my own heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :super smiley: :super smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
nope......i seen pressure cooker..............never.......never own one. i seen one blow...........nope....no way natta!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :censored: :doah:
We have 1 down here & 1 at the lake that are at least 20 years old, never a problem here. :scratch: They get used quite a bit too but not canning any more. Probably wouldn't be safe for you to operate 1 though. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hunting buddies wife has one. Awesome
fries that are crisp and just as good as deep fried.
made a roast, super juicy, lots of flavor.
She says you can cook a whole meal at once at different levels.
Im going to get the wife one for Christmas, only problem Wally world is the cheapest at $149 for the 6.5 qt, but I hate that place.

If you know someone that has Amazon.....  $129

https://www.google.com/search?q=ninja+foodi+sale&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmipuku6HmAhVAJzQIHSzVDkkQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1280&bih=614#spd=6848298432505983814

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The one we bought was the 6.5 qt & it came from Best Buy for $179. That $129 one is a 5 qt, I think, not sure but I thought I seen where they have a 4 qt one too.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/19, 10:54:26 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 1 down here & 1 at the lake that are at least 20 years old, never a problem here. :scratch: They get used quite a bit too but not canning any more. Probably wouldn't be safe for you to operate 1 though. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:tut: :tut: :doofus: i dont need to pressure cook anything to make my food safe or taste good!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah hell Glenn,I'm with ya " knock the horns off,wipe its ass and runner across the grill"
 bloody rare a vet could bring it back to life.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah hell Glenn,I'm with ya " knock the horns off,wipe its ass and runner across the grill"
 bloody rare a vet could bring it back to life.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: PERRFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well reb had me sniffin amazon,  maybe to small but has me thinking 

Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Fryer, Slow Multi Cooker with TenderCrisp Technology, 5 Pot, 3-qt. Air Fry Basket (OP101), 5-Quart, Black/Gray
Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Fryer, Slow Multi Cooker with TenderCrisp Technology, 5 Pot, 3-qt. Air Fry Basket (OP101), 5-Quart, Black/Gray
4.2 out of 5 stars 45
$129.99 $189.99
 FREE Delivery Sun, Dec 8

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I love mine, I can cook a 4 to 5 lb roast in 45 to 50 minutes that is so fall apart tender that you have to use two spatulas underneath it so it won’t fall apart before slicing. The one thing I found out is not to put the Veggies in at the beginning or they will turn to mush. I cook just the meat for 25 - 30 minutes, do a quick pressure release then put the veggies for the last 20 to 25 minutes. They will be fork tender without turning to mush. I’ve done soups, chili, wild rice and whole chickens in it. If you are pressed for time like I am sometimes it’s great to cook a meal in an hour instead of 4 to 5 hours or longer. The thing I found out on cutting down the time it takes to heat up and build up pressure is to put your liquid in first and turn it in high while you are preparing what you are cooking, that way it’ll start to build pressure/ steam as soon as you lock the lid.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have had our pressure cooker for a couple of years but haven't used it much.  I need to do that. Glenn did you really see it blow up or did someone tell you they saw it????    :rolleyes:  Never heard of the Ninja thing. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :doofus: i dont need to pressure cook anything to make my food safe or taste good!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch:  No you've got KATCHUP! ;)  :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya don't need to cook Smurfberries, anyway.  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Half price today only.................

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-DUO60-6-Qt-7-in-1-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure-Cooker-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Cooker-Saut-Steamer-Yogurt-Maker-and-Warmer/45918917
We bought 1 of the smaller ones of these 2-3 years ago for the youngest niece  for Christmas & she loves it. No air fryer, I think, is the only difference between this & the ninja foodi.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a buddy thats a Fireman...he said prolly half the house fires this time of year started with AIR FRYERS!!! (rest are space heaters/candles) He's not the joking type, either...said he'll never own one. Said all of them melt into a plastic blob then flame up.  I just find that hard to believe.....but he doesn't joke around about that stuff.  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/19, 09:12:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a buddy thats a Fireman...he said prolly half the house fires this time of year started with AIR FRYERS!!! (rest are space heaters/candles) He's not the joking type, either...said he'll never own one. Said all of them melt into a plastic blob then flame up.  I just find that hard to believe.....but he doesn't joke around about that stuff.  :confused:
:scratch: I too find it hard to believe that they're that dangerous without somebody tryin to stop 'em from makin them. Maybe it's the people using them.  :confused: You know that old line..............................you can't fix stupid. :doofus: :thumbs: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't see where it's any different than other hot appliances. Maybe he's just located in a high-concentration area of dopes. He is in Pennsylvania   :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother used to be on a fire dept...…..he said coffee makers at that time where a huge cause of a lot of fires????????? :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: he's pretty anal about unplugging the coffee maker at the cabin when we are up there...………..well he's anal anyway so...……………. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :oscar:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, he is....no, Reb, don't say it....no, no, no... :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember when the coffee pots were starting on fire when not even in use but still plugged in.  That is what I thought about too when Rebs brought that up. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't see where it's any different than other hot appliances. Maybe he's just located in a high-concentration area of dopes. He is in Pennsylvania   :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey now, I resemble that remark :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WHOOPS!  Sorry cawfee! I pulled a Glenn!  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao:     :nerd:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
WHOOPS!  Sorry cawfee! I pulled a Glenn!  :bonk:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty:
It’s all good  :sleazy: some of us Pittsburgher’s  are a little bit goofy but in our defense it’s that we are so close to Ohio and West Virginia.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother used to be on a fire dept...…..he said coffee makers at that time where a huge cause of a lot of fires????????? :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: he's pretty anal about unplugging the coffee maker at the cabin when we are up there...………..well he's anal anyway so...……………. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :oscar:
:scratch:  :doah: Look what glenn's an expert on now............................  :shocked: :whistling: :nerd: :nerd:  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/19, 06:25:08 PM by Gunner55 »