Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Moonlight Bay Resort Fishing Report  (Read 4897 times)

Offline moonlightbay

• Minnow
Hi everyone!  My name is Tim Tabbert and we are a new sponsor of MNO.  My wife, Dina,  and I  purchased Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground on Leech Lake in May of 2006.  Just a quick rundown on what our resort has to offer.   We have 115 seasonal sites that include electric, water, cable TV, and sewer.  We also have 20 campsites with full hookups and some have cable TV.  Along with that we have 7 cabins that sleep from 2-10 people.  Some of our amenties include a outdoor heated swimming pool, lodge with arcade games, ice cream, restaurant and refreshments.  Our docks are floating docks with individual covered slips.  We have about 100 slips.  Check us out on the web at www.moonlightonleech.com, or call us toll free at 888-973-7078.  I'll be dropping in regularly to give a fishing report. 

Sand Point and Pine Point seem to be doing the best for perch anglers in 8-12 feet.  Small jigging spoons with a minnow head are working for the larger perch.  Wax worms are catching lots of smaller fish, great time for the kids.  Sunfish are picking up on smaller lakes in the area just off the weed line edges in 16-20 feet.  Snow conditions finally intensified last weekend with 10-12 inches, making travel on the lake a bit more difficult, but still doable with four-wheel drive.

Good Luck!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Welcome to MNO Tim and Dina.

We'll have to plan one of our get togethers at your resort this summer, one of us will get a hold of you for pricing and availability as soon as we narrow down some dates.

Thanks in advance for the fishing reports. ;D
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Welcome to MNO Tim and Dina.

We'll have to plan one of our get togethers at your resort this summer, one of us will get a hold of you for pricing and availability as soon as we narrow down some dates.

Thanks in advance for the fishing reports. ;D

Sounds like a great idea!

Welcome aboard. Its good to see and hear Leech coming back to life! ;D

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
welcome... sounds like a nice place to camp.  nice for the kids too.  i might have to reserve a weekend.  and it's close enough to remer so i can run over to my dad's and grab a boat too.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Moonlight Bay Resort is a great place to take the family for a vacation.  I have a seasonal at Moonlight Bay and my family loves it!  We spend all of our time off from May-October at our seasonal.  If you plan to visit, you wont be disappointed.  Tim and Dina are very personable and do what they can to make your stay wonderful.  If you do plan on staying, let me know so I can meet you while you are there. ;D

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i will for sure do that.  i'll have to book a weekend.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy