Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New ideas for sausage for me  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
As I've said before that I've been thinking of making smaller batches to try before making larger one's .  I've been looking at this book for some time.  So I pulled the trigger and got it.  It has some ethnic recipe's from different country's that sound interesting.  I'm always looking for something new. Not just sausage but to upgrade my interest in using brines for different meats ect.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wow! great choice, RH!!!  The Polish master!  Here's some history ya might like on that book.... :happy1:
 (You know I'm an old cookbook collector.....)

https://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5385
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 04:59:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wow! great choice, RH!!!  The Polish master!  Here's some history ya might like on that book.... :happy1:
 (You know I'm an old cookbook collector.....)

https://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5385
well you better find better cook books ifin your ruining pineapple with brown sugar, of cottage cheese etc etc  :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Awe come on you know that hadda be coming. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
With you, I Knew that was coming yday before I even posted.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
So, I 'spose you like Pina Colada's? Tropical Breezes? And I know what drink yer gonna say next is coming from you.....wait for it...wait for it...

I better get back to RH's Book................
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 05:09:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No Fu Fu drinks here.

Hey Reiny, what type of ethic recipes we talking here? Does sound interesting.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
They are from a number of countries in that book.  Some of them I don't know if I can get the meat for it.  Blood sausage [which I grew up on in Germany], head cheese[which I made for my dad years ago] for example.  But from a number of countries with just not meat but with different cheeses and herbs.  Still haven't made a polish like I have had from Fitchners way back when I lived in Duluth.  The best ever.  He had a Hungarian sausage maker that I knew.  Made everything from scratch.  Got to keep trying and I'm hoping this book will help.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are from a number of countries in that book.  Some of them I don't know if I can get the meat for it.  Blood sausage [which I grew up on in Germany], head cheese[which I made for my dad years ago] for example.  But from a number of countries with just not meat but with different cheeses and herbs.  Still haven't made a polish like I have had from Fitchners way back when I lived in Duluth.  The best ever.  He had a Hungarian sausage maker that I knew.  Made everything from scratch.  Got to keep trying and I'm hoping this book will help.  good luck.

My Dad ate blood sausage for breakfast a lot (mid 60's)...the sight made me wanna barf. Did they sell it in grocery stores then? Wonder where he got it?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

My Dad ate blood sausage for breakfast a lot (mid 60's)...the sight made me wanna barf. Did they sell it in grocery stores then? Wonder where he got it?
blood sausage was good stuff.  :scratch: :scratch: we would go to the creamery, get a qt jar of real cream, dip fresh homemade bread in the cream add sugar then blood sausage on the side. we made are own blood and liver sausage back in the day when I lived at home...…..it was a blast doing it!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember when I was a kid in Germany blood sausage was for special days.  Hard to get blood now a days.  But I will go with the rest of the ideas that I haven't done yet. good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ive got that book too reiny, great stuff!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What would be interesting to see is the different seasonings or ingredients these recipes use. :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
ive got that book too reiny, great stuff!!

X2. Use that book all the time. I love the Sheboygen Summer sausage.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
im currently worrinking with dehydrated fruit in my sausage. i have a itch to try breakfast maplensausage, and add dehydrated blue berries
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Great idea Boar!!!  It's always good to try new ideas and to think out of the box.  I noticed that in the book the sausage recipes use powdered dextros.  About 70% of the sweetness of sugar.  I'm sure pre made seasonings have that also but it's good to know when making from scratch.  Going to try my hand at my own pastrami also.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Can't wait to see the results, Reinhard! Do you still maintain or post new stuff on your site? Not sure if you think it's worth it or not, but I, for one, reference it all the time. You got some great stuff out there!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't for awhile.  But with new ideas I will post them.  Just looking for more stuff so other people can enjoy new ideas.  I will post that the ideas are not from me but from this book.  This guy deserves all the credit.   But I will also ad what I add to the recipes if needed.  good luck.
« Last Edit: January 01/13/20, 06:53:09 PM by Reinhard »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do want to try your swedish sausage as you said you have that down pretty good now. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
im currently worrinking with dehydrated fruit in my sausage. i have a itch to try breakfast maplensausage, and add dehydrated blue berries

When we have made the maple sausage we would add a pint or 2 of real maple syrup to a 25 lbs batch. I like the blueberry idea. That sounds nummy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup like blueberry pancakes and sausage
78.50"