Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503277 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: maybe Gate's parents shoulda used protection!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard on the news this morning that the Minn folks in the NW angle can maybe start freely traveling to the main land again real soon...  
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya  read that today.  Just residents can pass through.  Not customers yet.  At least it is a step in the right direction.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Recently old friend which has health issues had the phizer vaccine double dose last month,friend went to a reunion 3 weeks ago in summer set wisc and contracted the virus along with 5 other folks still in recovery....these vaccines are not FDA approved,here in south dakota we have zero mask mandate all year,few folks got the vaccine shots that owned up to it let alone got the virus,bars resturants 100% open all year,so what gives in minn/wisc folks?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it's really quite amazing those dang vaccines haven't killed us all here!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know about vaccine killing folks rooney just pointing out these vaccines are not 100% folks gotta stay strong  maintain good hygiene,apparently not out of the woods just yet south dakota population is spread out not near the people congregation in our small towns like the big cities.But who knows maybe these folks that are sick have the flu? seems just a sniffle or cough they lable folks as covid these days.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They do something called testing, they don't just label folks. Last I heard you couldn't even drive through SD without catching Covid!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty much true roony,must have something to do with a great gov and being a red state,kinda feel bad for folks doing the right thing(so they think) get tested,get the vaccine go on like normal then get the virus ...bad deal.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They do something called testing, they don't just label folks. Last I heard you couldn't even drive through SD without catching Covid!
1 it is called false positives or false negatives. You do hear of it happening quite often. 2 yes they do falsely label covid, at least the deaths anyway. And I think snow's point is that even though he buddy was fully vaccinated and still got covid to still be careful.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What he said was that they label the flu and the common cold as covid. True that no vaccine is or ever has been 100 percent effective but I will take my chances with modern science over National Enquirer headlines.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know about vaccine killing folks rooney just pointing out these vaccines are not 100% folks gotta stay strong  maintain good hygiene,apparently not out of the woods just yet south dakota population is spread out not near the people congregation in our small towns like the big cities.But who knows maybe these folks that are sick have the flu? seems just a sniffle or cough they lable folks as covid these days.

This is true Snow.  I was at the Clinic yesterday.  They only had 2 cases of influenza total this year since people were more careful by wearing masks and getting the shot.  The same with Strep throat that makes it rounds here every year too, but not this year. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So much misunderstanding about what the vaccine will and won't do.

The vaccine won't keep you from getting covid.  If y'er exposed, y'er prolly gonna get it.  What the vaccine does is jumpstart your immune system to have antibodies pre-made to fight the virus as soon as you get it.  The theory is, if you already have the T-cells pre-made, when you do get it, the symptoms you experience as your immune system fights the virus will be lessened.  Further, because of this jumpstart, the virus will not have a chance to overwhelm the person and cause serious complications or death.

And many people ask the question, if I already had covid and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated even though I probably already have the T-cells in my body from the real infection?

The President, Governor, and the CDC all seem to say yes, it can't hurt to get vaccinated.  For some reason they seem to think that T-cells created as a result of introducing the mRNA are better than the ones that were created to fight the actual virus.   :confused:  I'm really hoping some study can shed light on this point.

And we keep forgetting that this vaccine is still experimental and approved for emergency use only.

The next question is, if I'm vaccinated, and get covid, can I spread it?

The answer is probably, yes, but they hope that you are less contagious than if you were not vaccinated.

And this sort of makes sense.  If your body has a jumpstart in eliminating covid virus in your body (EITHER through a vaccine OR previous exposure), then you have less virus to be coughing and sneezing up and will be doing so for a shorter duration until your body eliminates all the virus.  But to my knowledge, no one has published a study to know how contagious a person may be after the vaccine or previous exposure.

But folks have jumped to the conclusion and the CDC has surprisingly agreed, that if you have been vaccinated, you don't need your mask anymore.  Again, it sure would be good to see those studies.   :scratch:  They're all just making this up as they go along.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you Steve-O.  Yup nothing is 100% and the scientific world really do do their best to keep us safe.  They know a lot more than the wackos all trying to out do the story the last one told.  Would I trust my life with those people.  Not a chance.  No comparison. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know about all that stuff.   But Olmsted county is down to single digit postive test results.  Maybe just a coincidence.     :crazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is here at work if you have been vaccinated and get the rona starting june 1st you will still be required to come to come. No quarantine. If you have not been vaccinated and get the rona you will be told to stay home and quarantine. So apparently they think if you are vaccinated that they are not contagious.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
okkkkkk   :doofus:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been reading that too JB.  ???

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
steve-o,well said,me thinks alot of misunderstanding out there,me also thinks as you stated folks vaccinated have a false sense of well being thinking "I won't or can't get the virus" such as the case with my friend and his buddies.

hard to follow what this fauci spews,mask no mask 3 masks? all I know I was vaccinated for chicken pocks as a kid got the pocks twice and shingles by 50 years old because I had the pocks,got lucky as a kid with polio vaccine,lived thru it but I remember polio vac was manditory,unclear how polio spread,one kid in our neighborhood got it,he was messed up for life,we youngens that got the chicken pocks our entire school had a out break but never shut down...now this virus,take the vac or not? lot's of folks still on the fence,getting the vac gives some folks a false sense of security they're safe.That's my take.Looking at the numbers,better than a 99% recovery rate iffin ya get the vid,90% vaccine protection but if one has under lying health issues better safe than sorry.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
steve-o,well said,me thinks alot of misunderstanding out there,me also thinks as you stated folks vaccinated have a false sense of well being thinking "I won't or can't get the virus" such as the case with my friend and his buddies.

hard to follow what this fauci spews,mask no mask 3 masks? all I know I was vaccinated for chicken pocks as a kid got the pocks twice and shingles by 50 years old because I had the pocks,got lucky as a kid with polio vaccine,lived thru it but I remember polio vac was manditory,unclear how polio spread,one kid in our neighborhood got it,he was messed up for life,we youngens that got the chicken pocks our entire school had a out break but never shut down...now this virus,take the vac or not? lot's of folks still on the fence,getting the vac gives some folks a false sense of security they're safe.That's my take.Looking at the numbers,better than a 99% recovery rate iffin ya get the vid,90% vaccine protection but if one has under lying health issues better safe than sorry.

snow1     It's         ok      to     use          spaces            between          sentences.  It doesn't take up anymore site bandwidth!   :coffee:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx for the english lesson leech ,didn't know my meandering was so hard to comprehend for some.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx for the english lesson leech ,didn't know my meandering was so hard to comprehend for some.
Nua, not hard to comprehend. Just a little spaced challenged!  :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess I didn't notice myself.  :confused: Just thought maybe he was a fast talker. ;)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
not quite boaranese,but now you have something to aspire to,snow

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The jab reduces your chances of getting infected by about a factor of 20.  And almost eliminates any chance of serious symptoms.   Current evidence is that it also greatly reduces transmission, so not only don't you get sick but you won't make others sick.   

Yeah, like all that stuff I had as a kid, mostly folks recover after a few weeks of feeling like crap but some folks die or have serious residual effects especially those of us who are chronologically advanced.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Minneapolis dumped the mask mandate yesterday and st Paul is doing it today.

What our government needs to absolutely do immediately is get rid of all the extra benefits for not working because of the rona!! :confused: :angry2: they need to start forcing these lazy bastards to get back to work.

Even the dairy queen on hwy 23 here in Cold Spring closed due to not being able to get people to work. :angry2: :pouty: :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Minneapolis dumped the mask mandate yesterday and st Paul is doing it today.

What our government needs to absolutely do immediately is get rid of all the extra benefits for not working because of the rona!! :confused: :angry2: they need to start forcing these lazy bastards to get back to work.

Even the dairy queen on hwy 23 here in Cold Spring closed due to not being able to get people to work. :angry2: :pouty: :doofus: :doofus:
Damn it! Closing down the Dairy Queen, this is a National emergency!  :taz:  :rotflmao:

But I agree 1000%  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you should pitch in and start working for America Glenn!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you should pitch in and start working for America Glenn!
:pouty: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao: Glenn here is 63 years old. i've been doing my fair share, paying taxes and social security  since i've been 16 years old!! worked many an OT hours besides!!!!!
even now in retirement based on what i've seen with doing my taxes, it appears i'm still "working for America"!!!.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
66 plus here, still working to keep America's food supply chain going.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
63+ here. Still growing the food & helping others do same. & glenn's buddy Obama still sucks!  :rotflmao:

But closing a Dairy Queen? That's enough to piss off Batman!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)