Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508089 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn if you don't mask up at Teals it will be a short grocery career for ya. Right now the mask thing is Minneapolis & St. Paul only, but Herr Walz will get it statewide before long.
well I guess it will be a short career then. They already said I need to be vaxed, but based on what the supreme court says.... Employers still can mandate it is what I get out of it. :scratch:

And I believe good king Walz no longer has that authority??? Think he made some deal with the rebubkicans as long as they agreed not to can Malcolm.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well somebody instituted the mask thing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. Maybe the mayors? My bet is Herr Walz. trying to flex again.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The idiot mayor's did that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It'll be hard enough for them two to get re-elected, wonder who the mental giant is that came up with that idea.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It'll be hard enough for them two to get re-elected, wonder who the mental giant is that came up with that idea.
both those nimwit mayors just got reelected. :confused:  :doah::censored:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The idiot mayor's did that.

yuppers, all about them...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
snow1,
Maybe think of the vax in the same context as wearing a seatbelt. Wearing one doesn't prevent you from having an accident nor does it prevent someone from crashing into you however, it certainly can have a big impact on the result of the accident.
Well, because a seat belt is not experimental and I know what the long term effects of wearing a seat belt are.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
DE:  Point taken on covid vaccines generally making reactions to infections less severe.  I'm glad we have vaccines for our most vulnerable populations.

However, since they (Big Pharma, Big Government, Big Medicine) greatly oversold the vaccine effectivity, and were caught off-guard by how many "breakthrough" cases there were, and that vaccinated people could still spread the virus, and again by how short the duration of "immunity" seems to last...

And when Omicron broke they all said, "Get your boosters, cause that is our best defense," without having any time to study if the current vaccines had any effectivity against Omicron...  (It sure didn't seem to make any difference my family against Omicron.)

And now there will be a new Omicron vaccine in March, so that advice they gave us a month ago means what?   :confused:

And so all those folks who got two shots to start with, and got the booster when they were told, and will be first in line to get the new Omicron vaccine... 

That's 4 shots and they don't have a clue if there are any long term, adverse effects.  They just keep spreading fear and pushing the drugs.   :huh:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems the naysayers are the ones spreading fear. The earth is flat.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Voicing concern about untested drugs is not spreading fear.

Or lets turn it the other way around...

You should be afraid of the drugs you are taking if you are unaware of the long term effects.  :shocked:

When all you have is a hammer, all your problems look like nails.  :bonk:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well said Steve!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well said Steve!!!
seen on the news last night Centracare, out medical provider in this area is really pushing for mask mandates again.......like that worked the last time!!! :crazy:

i was very cautious when all this started, but as the more it goes on the less i believe anything anyone says about the vacine and masks!!! kinda sad!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
snow1,
Maybe think of the vax in the same context as wearing a seatbelt. Wearing one doesn't prevent you from having an accident nor does it prevent someone from crashing into you however, it certainly can have a big impact on the result of the accident.
Well, because a seat belt is not experimental and I know what the long term effects of wearing a seat belt are.

apples n oranges,I ain't injecting seatbelts into my body...I haven't fact checked the last mandatory vaccine that was forced on us (polio) pretty sure it took 15 years for the FDA to approve it,zero long term side effects.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It's called an analogy. You don't have to inject seat belts into your body for the analogy to be valid.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL roony ,I was speaking in jest...thanx tho...

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of 'yall, won't watch this because it is an opinion piece from Fox News, but if you get past some of the inflammatory rhetoric about "government control" and watch and listen with an open mind, you will see how misinformation and lies spread and perpetuate fear and hysteria regarding Covid.

The lies that bind:  The Left's COVID lies already being overtaken by the truth

If you watch the whole thing, I'd love to hear which of the presented points you disagree with.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/22, 11:35:26 AM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well said Steve!!!
seen on the news last night Centracare, out medical provider in this area is really pushing for mask mandates again.......like that worked the last time!!! :crazy:

i was very cautious when all this started, but as the more it goes on the less i believe anything anyone says about the vacine and masks!!! kinda sad!!
:rotflmao: I rest my case. Went out to get the paper. Front page headlines said Centracare was denied by the area city mayor's for a mask mandate, for various reasons.

Same front page, headlines read Rona intensive care rate declines in Minnesota.

So who and what should someone actually believe.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is the latest regarding monoclonal antibody treatment distribution in the State of Minnesota as I have come to understand it thru personal experience.

Please let me know if I have any of this wrong.

It used to be that if you wanted monoclonal antibody treatment, you would log onto the MN Department of Health Website to see if you qualified for the rationed treatments.  If you did, you entered your zip code and they would pass your information along to the nearest clinic for scheduling.

Now Omicron is by far the predominant strain of Covid infections and two of the three available antibody treatments are ineffective against Omicron, so The State has stopped distributing them.

The one remaining treatment against Omicron is in short supply, and now when you log onto the MN MN Department of Health Website to see if you qualify for the rationed treatments, you find out that availability is NOW prioritized, in part, by RACE and ETHNIC BACKGROUND!

Further, because of short supplies of medicine, they no longer assist you with scheduling.  They will tell you that your are qualified, but you hit a dead end.  You get no assistance from The State on where to go.

So given that you qualify for the treatment, it is up to you to find your own clinic to receive the treatment.  However, if you call a clinic to schedule your own appointment, they will tell you that they cannot separately schedule you for a treatment because they have a contract with The State.

This is what Socialized Medicine will look like, folks.  Keep pushing for it.  :doah:  :angry:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess one alternative is to do nothing but I strongly feel the results would not be preferable.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good information steve-o,this omicron that started in africa has run it's course in africa according to health officals,further this new strain was said to be much weaker than previous strains (delta),much like a cold,runny nose,watery eyes,no fever etc,couple days it's over...but here in the states the sky is falling,good grief.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Like my dear old dad use to say when he greased the equipment regularly "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
No snow, I'm not suggesting we put grease zerks in our arms.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just found out that two friends of mine, husband and wife just tested positive.  Another friend is in quarantine.  I feel like I am coming down with a cold and hope that is all it is. I guess it is making its rounds up here.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is making its rounds everywhere. Just a matter of when.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If your lucky enough to live in Wisconsin, all you need to do to get a monoclonal antibody treatment is get an order from your doctor and schedule your infusion at a hospital or clinic.   :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Making the rounds locally as well. Vaxxed, boosted, unvaxxed, masked, unmasked, it doesn't seem to care. Pretty mild for the most part according to those who have had it. Most describing it like a mildly annoying cold. Must be or they wouldn't be ice fishing, splitting wood, hauling grain or otherwise carrying on like normal. I must be about due for some immunotherapy tonite meself... :drinking: :whistling:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/22, 03:26:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
The one remaining treatment against Omicron is in short supply, and now when you log onto the MN MN Department of Health Website to see if you qualify for the rationed treatments, you find out that availability is NOW prioritized, in part, by RACE and ETHNIC BACKGROUND!
This is what Socialized Medicine will look like, folks.  Keep pushing for it.  :doah:  :angry:

Well, I guess we can flush a 100 years of human suffrage and that whole "I have a Dream" for equality thing down the toilet!   :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just found out that two friends of mine, husband and wife just tested positive.  Another friend is in quarantine.  I feel like I am coming down with a cold and hope that is all it is. I guess it is making its rounds up here.
I've felt the same way LPS, the last 2-3 days.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, I guess we can flush a 100 years of human suffrage and that whole "I have a Dream" for equality thing down the toilet!   :coffee:

States rationing COVID treatments based on race:  New York, Utah, and Minnesota

Sadly, you won't see any of this reported on NBC or CBS.  It just boggles the mind that Americans - I don't care what color you are - support this :bs:

(Again, you anit-Foxers out there.  Please listen to this and tell me where they are wrong.)
« Last Edit: January 01/11/22, 05:00:12 PM by Steve-o »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've felt the same way LPS, the last 2-3 days.

Yup not real bad but scratchy throat, itchy nose, more in the morning.  Slightly tired but the after lunch nap feels good.  I think I can think it away.   :sleazy: