Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone out?  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone out fishing Whitefish or perch on Leech?  Looking for an ice report  :hubba:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!

Or winny
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I am having a toss up between Winni and Leech myself.   I have fished Winni many times but not for Whitefish/Tullies

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i know fishnutbob drops in here once in a while........maybe he can give you an idea. i'd love to get a few but just not in the cards at the moment. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I was just told that on Leech bring sleds or wheelers.  Some are driving but it is not recommended.   Fishing for tullies has been slow.

Winni report is not many people fishing for them yet.  There is a road within 200 yards or so,  just a guess on her part I would say, but there is also a lot slush.   People who are fishing them are catching just a few. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Could be a bit early??? :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Could be a bit early??? :scratch:

Thats what I'm thinking too.   I might just have to go try it myself.   Worse case is I spend a day on the ice.

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
i know fishnutbob drops in here once in a while........maybe he can give you an idea. i'd love to get a few but just not in the cards at the moment. :pouty:

Sounds like perch fishing has been good in the Sand point area shallow six feet...Erickson landing a lot of guys fishing from that landing the other day...Travel by sled or wheeler but I did see some truck traffic on Leech. Ice should be good...Tullies out from horseshoe bay resort off the reef.....Trappers landing had a road out to the Tullie hole but they will be closed for 14 days because of some virus... After they open I would think fishing should be great....Go
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014