Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: barrels for baiting  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Deputy338

Can someone help me locate anything in the regulations on using a barrel on state or county land. I can not seem to find anything that will help. Thanks in advance.
Deputy

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The last I hunted about 3 years ago it was just legal to use them on private land and couldn't be over 30 gallons.  May be different now. 

Offline Deputy338

I thought I heard they could be used on state and county land now, but I can not find anything in the regs. Maybe sticking to the logs would be easier. I just figured the barrels would help with keeping bait dry.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I heard they could be used on state and county land now, but I can not find anything in the regs. Maybe sticking to the logs would be easier. I just figured the barrels would help with keeping bait dry.

email the DNR...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barrels are fun and efficient to use.  It is in the regs, you just haven't run across it yet.  Has to be under baiting in there. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
If I rememb right, you can buy with a few, 5 bucks I think. Could be wrong
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, you are correct Boar. Started last year. You can use barrels on public land now. You need to purchase a $5 permit for each barrel and have name and info on each barrel. I used them last year. Saved me lots of gas money not having to make the loop everyday. Got my $15 back in a hurry. Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yes, you are correct Boar. Started last year. You can use barrels on public land now. You need to purchase a $5 permit for each barrel and have name and info on each barrel. I used them last year. Saved me lots of gas money not having to make the loop everyday. Got my $15 back in a hurry. Good luck.
never, ever admit boar is right!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry I slipped. Just excited that it is Friday.
Hey look your bobber is up!