Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Opener  (Read 5216 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Where is everyone going on opener?

Hoping to leave thursday.  Plan on fishing either superior for salmon or the rainy river for sturgeon on friday and then hitting leach Saturday for the opener. 

First time I will be fishing opener in over 15 years.   Dont know if I'm ready for the zoo.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I haven't fished the opener in 10 years and don't plan on it this year either. like you Dakids I got tired of the zoo on the lakes and roads. my brother is coming from Wi to the cabin like he always does... i'll head up a few weeks later. i'll take a cruise around the lakes sat morning just to confirm I did the right thing. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't get excited for the opener either, good luck to ya on your adventure dakids!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I always go on the weekday's after the opener.  I will go up to the Duluth area lakes that I've been fishing since the 60's.  Thursday I'm going up to fish for steelhead on the north shore.  My brother said plan to fish from am to dusk which means we will be going north of Grand Marias and work our way back.  Good luck DaKids, sounds like a plan.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
DaKids I heard today that the landing by the Federal dam will be closed for opener.  There are other landing though.  Check on those.  I suppose the others will be open.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys thinking it'll be a zoo better think again. This years water Temps should be perfect for opener, so be it the lake has a few boats on it, go catch some fish. Word has it our area is loaded with floating bogs so we'll be one of several launching at the landing and not leaving from the boat lift.  :angry2:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
DaKids I heard today that the landing by the Federal dam will be closed for opener.  There are other landing though.  Check on those.  I suppose the others will be open.  good luck.

That's the access we always use.  Thanks for the heads up.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If it's a nice day, we usually will go out & drown some minnows as this lake doesn't get  :crazy: busy 'cause it's known as kind of a tough walleye lake. The lake next door, Bowstring, is a different story though as on Sunday of the Opener last year as we stopped at the better PA on our way to the Bstore & found an easy 60+ rigs parked there. No public access for us generally though as we usually have all our gear in the lake by then. It might not work out that way this season though as our lift is 15-20' up on shore & we'll be waitin for the barge service to get it back in the lake for us. With the high water we came close to havin some major issues when the ice went out the last couple years. So we used the barge service that many others here use last year.
« Last Edit: April 04/29/20, 07:14:25 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck DK! Not sure if we will go out or not. Have not done opener in many years. Maybe we will be putting the dock in that weekend. Would be nice to do it this weekend, but that will all depend on if the ice goes out by the weekend or not.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just fish right here by our place.  No boat accesses for me on the opener.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't say that we have had very many years when the ice was off the lake the weekend before opener. So we are not able to get the dock and track system in before opener. Besides it usually seems like the weather is crappy on opener usually anyway.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure what to think, i didnt see but 3 boats headed north this morning on 94 and very few so far going by the hall on 10 today.

dutchboy did comment else where yesterday he seen a bunch headed north on 169.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was out for a short while and didn't look that busy here.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't seen many rigs this away either but ya never know. Was out on the lake playing with the new depth finder and its dang cold in the wind,  only had 56 degree surface temp..

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They had 3 trucks over at the resort ~ 3, probably at least a couple more by now. There's been 6 or 8 boats takin a test run out on the bay this afternoon too. I know at least 3 of 'em are people on our road.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the webcams & Geiger's(Bowstring) has 5-6 boats tied up at their dock now. Williams Narrows(Cutfoot) has a boat or 2 at almost every dock, I counted ~ a dozen there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well good luck to all those going out tomorrow morning. I'm gonna snuggle up to momma. :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will go for a drive later to see how many people are up here.  Hasn't been real busy like usual.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm hearing scuttlebutt reports of 2 inches of snow up by mille lacs. :scratch: :scratch:

Looks like if could rain any minute here.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen some pics from up there...here is my s-i-l this morning.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: why aren't you up there?? :scratch: :doah: :evil:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
They won't let me... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They won't let me... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea your reputation precedes You!! :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
had pretty good luck!! wife and i at red with freinds
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
An article in the Star-Tribune today says you had LOTS of company too, Boar. According to them, 288 rigs just at the Big Bog PA's yday & that's not counting how many launched at Westwind. Too  :crazy: for me, even if the  :fish2: are jumpin in the boat. :tut:  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
An article in the Star-Tribune today says you had LOTS of company too, Boar. According to them, 288 rigs just at the Big Bog PA's yday & that's not counting how many launched at Westwind. Too  :crazy: for me, even if the  :fish2: are jumpin in the boat. :tut:  :doah:
they had to jump in the boat for boar to get any fish!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: the only other picture of boar fishing, he was trying to unwind fishing line from a prop. :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
« Last Edit: May 05/10/20, 02:07:48 PM by glenn57 »

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yes the number of people we crazy. had a grea time
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :cool:
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: why aint you giving him the treatment about his spelling and sentence structure!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :tut: :tut:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: :bonk: :banghead: Cause he's The Original! ;) :rolleyes: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: