Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Beans may be a bust  (Read 1317 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It looks like a very poor soybean crop.  I believe the no till drill didn't get the seeds deep enough to make good soil contact through the sod.  Maybe if we get a wet spell some more seeds will germinate.  Not sure what I will do at this point.  Maybe just broadcast winter rye in August.   :pouty:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya they look a little thin from that pic anyway. Had issues in some fields here where the beans were drilled into standing corn stalks in early May. Where there was heavy residue the one guy's no-till drill was putting the beans underneath the residue but right on the soil surface. Worst thing was the guy did a bunch of custom work that way. The soil surface was dry so until it started raining in mid-May we'd anticipated stabbing in more beans on numerous fields. They look OK now from a distance but stand is still a little light.
« Last Edit: June 06/12/20, 09:44:19 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)