Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dumping an RV tank  (Read 889 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
At my house the previous owner had an outlet to plug in his RV and a place to insert his dump hose that was connected to the house septic system. I’m going to have my tanks pump and cleaned. When on their website in the Q&A, one of the questions was “can you dump you RV tanks into your septic?” In bold letters it said “NO”. I look online an some sites say yes you can. Do any of you with RV’s have knowledge of this? Could it be the chemicals you put in the RV tanks? I’m asking because I would like to use this for visitors.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
can you dump you RV tanks into your septic

hey Coop I googled those words and it says yes and has stuff to help ya..  not sure if this helps but hope it does... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If that was the plan to do it just don't put so much chemical in your RV tank.  Should have your tank at home pumped every 3 years anyway so doesn't seem like too big of deal to me.  Just don't want bleach in your septic system at home.  That chemical smells terrible to me so we don't even use it. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, I don't know much about RV's. I guess when they come out to pump the tank, I'll ask the why they say no?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I wouldn't know why you couldn't.  I've seen people do it. The chemical used for RV, s is simply use for eliminating odor and to help break waste down. How is that any different then a dump station.

Bleach would kill the bacteria that assists in the breaking down process.

When we had the permy site camper at a campground, the owner had his own plumbing business also, it's what I learned from him.
« Last Edit: July 07/09/20, 06:40:40 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!