Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sunday morning hunt - Today  (Read 841 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As before, the deer this morning stayed in a very small area.  It took the on pictured below almost an
hour to go past me.  Later I watched a doe and fawn for 45 minutes as they fed towards and then away
from me. I planned to shoot the doe but she never got closer than 35 yards and then thinly vailed by
some small brush. They were about 40 yards away when I gave up and left the stand. 

Sunrise from this stand. Oddly this one is called #2 as we have another on called the "Sunrise" stand.

I like to mark my deer with different colored stripes so I can monitor them on trail cameras.
Not really the orange stripe is flagging tape marking our trail into the stand. 

Probably would not jump the string if you took this shot.

The two deer I watched were just behind the small brush across the opening.  That is green swamp type
grass, not a food plot.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***