Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota DNR News  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I started reading it but got distracted yesterday. Didn't like some parts of it. Was there any mention of hunting wolves next year?
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's about 4-5 paragraphs starting at pg 19 of the link provided that talk about hunting wolves but I didn't see anything that mentioned next year though. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably never be another Wolf hunt in this Woke panzi state. Even the DNR is being taken over by animal lovers.  :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey hey stranger....welcome back sir.

dang nice to see you visiting us again!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/14/23, 06:32:41 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
X4  Hi Lee.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so.........i get a weekly email from the DNR, regarding CO reports. lately in the grand rapids reports i see them checking illegal birch harvest??

anyone know what exactly they are harvesting????? is it the bark????? and what the illegal activity would be??? there used to be a gut up hwy 6 by the bigfork river that made birch bark canoes?????

seems like Mr Fairbanks and his dog get quite busy helping other agencies track down troublemakers!!!

i also like to keep an eye on the st cloud area.........and those guys up on da border!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe just as decorative logs and things.  I know it gets pretty bad too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee Lee Lee, how good to hear from you.  I hope life is good for youse.  LOL  We all miss you.  Have a great day. X5   So I have a copy of the DNR regs book.  I just noticed in the top of the cover it says what nationalities you can get it in and one was Karen.  I laughed and asked the wife why there is an edition for wacked out ladies.  LOL  Thankfully she has a great sense of humor.  She said that is legit.  I could look it up but wanted to let you all know.  LOL OK I will look it up and report back.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok did my due diligence.  Karen is the language of Myanmar, formerly Burma.  The language has been around for a couple thousand years.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe just as decorative logs and things.  I know it gets pretty bad too.

looked  up birch tree harvesting and there are good many things to be done with those tree's and bark...   interesting... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Google knows everything, glenn. :nerd: https://wtip.org/harvesting-birch-poles-spruce-tops-not-legal-without-permit/ ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: Just west of Deer River, between the liqour store & Fred's Bait, is this place https://birchbuyersmn.com/ & that might have something to do with too. :scratch: I asked Fred's wife about the business next door 1 time & she said they are buyers for IKEA who makes furniture out of them. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/19/24, 01:13:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I heard the gals from Inger like to browse on birch buds... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I did ask if it was just like gathering pine boughs in the fall, mainly natives doing it, & she said yes it was. She also said that a lot of the birch actually got sent all the way to Sweden too. I had no idea on the permits & regs though, but it does make sense that they couldn't just have anybody & everybody going anywhere & everywhere doing it either.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the bark has to be cut at the right time and the right way too...  so the tree can survive....   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the gals from Inger like to browse on birch buds... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: sounds like a personnel issue to me!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i new they needed a permit to cut boughs in the fall........see alot of it around the cabin....but wonder how many actually get a permit.

i've ventured ALOT  of places up there in the woods in my years and can tell where that guy that made  canoes has been....and its all friggin over.......but its the same pattern on the tree. and there all still alive. but i havent see anything freash, so wonder iffin he doesn't do it anymore? :scratch:

good thing those recent bird feeder thing i just made, the birch came from the firewood pile......and was from our property and from a dead tree!! :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember a few years back my buddies wife wanted him to bring back some small birch to make candle holders when we went up Deer scouting.  I was about to leave him in the woods if he yelled "there's one" one more time, and it wasn't a Deer!  :taz: :taz:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember a few years back my buddies wife wanted him to bring back some small birch to make candle holders when we went up Deer scouting.  I was about to leave him in the woods if he yelled "there's one" one more time, and it wasn't a Deer!  :taz: :taz:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
and the bark has to be cut at the right time and the right way too...  so the tree can survive....   
:scratch: I would think the birch buyers probably wouldn't want to get caught buying from people who didn't have permits real often either. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I would think the birch buyers probably wouldn't want to get caught buying from people who didn't have permits real often either. :rolleyes:
yea i dont know Gunner.........its a different world up there in some ways. i know a family up there that go out and do ricing, the CO up there was married to one of the daughters. he ended up busting them for ricing without the license/stamp whatever it as they needed. one would think having a CO in the family they'd kinda tow the line!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Dumb :moon: probably figured that would make it easier for them to get away with. :doah: If the SIL knows they're not following the rules, I'm sure there's friends & neighbors that would too. :tut: :imstupid:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Dumb :moon: probably figured that would make it easier for them to get away with. :doah: If the SIL knows they're not following the rules, I'm sure there's friends & neighbors that would too. :tut: :imstupid:
oh...i've gotten to know that group quite well...... yea they bend the rules.

you might know where that CO used to live. just east of the sand lake cemetry. Kirk, that does the engine repair and drives school bus lives there now. that family lived about a mile further east. some live down cty 36 now. think its 36 right there.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: CR 36 is now CR 622 for some effed up reason!  :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: CR 36 is now CR 622 for some effed up reason!  :rolleyes:
oh yea I remember seeing that now that you mention it.  :rotflmao: I thought WTF to.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did they make it a State Aid road?  OR remove it from being state aid?  Up here every County road under the number 50 is a State Aid road.  Document any work we did on those roads and time spent for the state aid.  Huge help in paying for the work.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I asked Tim over at the Bstore about it not long after it was changed & he said something to the affect that any CR with a 1 or 2 digit # now has to be a blacktop, all of a sudden. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I asked Tim over at the Bstore about it not long after it was changed & he said something to the affect that any CR with a 1 or 2 digit # now has to be a blacktop, all of a sudden. :crazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: your right  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: