Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Racoons in Florida  (Read 4004 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw this on my social media page and thought it belonged here.  Be careful with those berries. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So this little guy was stumbling around in the street today. He finally made his way up in to my neighbors driveway where he kept falling over. I called the sheriffs department animal control and they came out. I thought he was sick or rabid, but according to the sheriff, they have issues with these little guys after many days of rain and heat here in Florida. This one happened to be a juvenile raccoon. You see, raccoons like to eat the Palm tree berries and when it rains and the berries fall to the ground, they ferment after a few days. Well, the raccoons eat them, get stupidly drunk and wander around disoriented until they sober up. The sheriff took him and put him in his truck so I asked him what he would do with him and he said, "Drive him around for a few hours until he sobers up and then take him to the woods and set him free. " 🤣 And I thought I had heard it all until toda

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen stuff like that  with birds up here getting into the good berries!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen that too.  The grouse especially.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mid winter crab apples left on trees get the squrriels all loopy as well.