Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85527 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is it Diamond Naturals for large breed puppies?  Kind of pink at the bottom of the bag?  Man they use the word Natural and it is automatically $10 more a bag. 
« Last Edit: February 02/07/21, 03:52:34 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Is it Diamond Naturals for large breed puppies?  Kind of pink at the bottom of the bag?  Man they use the word Natural and it is automatically $10 more a bag.
YES!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Let me know what she says.  You did say she didn't you.   :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: ya but she aint hot!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  thanks.  I will order some and do the mix too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shadow had outgrown his previous sleeping arrangements. :rotflmao: moved up to the luxury model  :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey glenn update a pic of shadow,or is her name still "NO"? would like to see how she's coming along,has she found your boots yet?t.v remote?...lol the joys of our young retriever's.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey glenn update a pic of shadow,or is her name still "NO"? would like to see how she's coming along,has she found your boots yet?t.v remote?...lol the joys of our young retriever's.
:rotflmao: go back to the page before this one.

he's left the remote alone but shoes, slippers, you name it. :confused: but getting better.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  she has your number glenn,long legs she needs to fill out some....good lookin pupper.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Shadows a She Glenn???  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shadows a She Glenn???  :confused:
nope a he, in about 6 months and it. :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After he terrorized the house he tuckered out. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great pic.  I will try to get a current one.  He looks great!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry shadow,after glenn had ya clipped wasn't sure what to call ya....,He sure is growing  up fast glenn,good lookin pupper,thanx for the updated pic.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: shadow isnt an it yet.......they recommend waiting till there 6-9 months old.......he's not 4 months quite yet.

he's being a little snot this morning!!!!!  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just doing his puppy thing!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor guy,all my male pup's over 50 years worth I couldn't/wouldn't have em clipped,figured they would hate me forever (I would run away) plus they were amusing humping my ole lady when they felt frisky before she passed on.

I always went with male pup's as 80% of my bird hunting was geese,mostly big honkers,I wanted a big retriever,as some of the rochester giants were in the low teens for weight,up in alaska the greater pacific strains were up to 24lbs.had a buddy/partner we leased land for hunting in rochester mn,he had a little lab pup maybe 30lbs,that little shete could retrieve those big geese no problem,sometimes dragging em bachwards to our pit blind but the little rascal got it done.

most dog guru's claim female bird dogs have a better nose for scent,not sure if this is true? none the less my boyz never let me down,infact today with my poor hearing my current pup let's me know "incoming" way before I have a clue,love it,makes my day whether or not I drop a bird doesn't matter,just watching my pup work/excitement makes it worth while.

my current pup at 8 years old still gets fired up when we have a hunting show on the tv,lol after the shot he see's the bird drop then tries to fetch it sniffs around behind the tv.commical

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: wife got company while napping. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
what a little sweet heart,I see a 70lb lap dog in your future glenn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what a little sweet heart,I see a 70lb lap dog in your future glenn.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea unfortunately so do i!!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe 90#!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol,well you and the boss keep table scrapes away from him,but yeah looking at those "paddles" for feet he has some growing to do.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been giving dogs table scraps sine i can remember...bones now  :tut: :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been working some with shadow. first time i took him to the vet used a leash since its required. had to drag him or pick him up to bring him in. so the last few days been working with him with a leash. first time i put it on he thought he was in trouble. he got over it quick, and i can get him to sit when we stop. :happy1: now there is more work to be done......  :rotflmao: as he keeps trying to go on both sides of me. baby steps!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't wait for summer so we can be outside and really do some obedience stuff. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't wait for summer so we can be outside and really do some obedience stuff.
i'll get out next weekend when it warms up. see what he does also retrieving. :happy1: other then my newspaper. he's got that down pat!!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well a $111.00 later, that was a quick trip to the vet.

shadow weighs 35 lbs. got his distemper and rabies shot. off to go get him licensed with the city later. he also got a pill for both heartworm and fleas and ticks.

our sheltie, Star, got her rabies shot. she is 13 years old, and according to the chart i looked at based on her weight and age she is 74 human years old. wonder if i could get social security for her. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she weighed in at 27 lbs.....last time in she was 33 lbs. doc said she was in pretty good shape, no heart murmors for a dog with few teeth.

i asked about food choices for shadow. he recommended feeding him the large breed puppy until he's 9 months to a year old but i could go to the adult food after 9 months. so ia asked about the diamond types........he suggested feeding the maintence diamond brand after the puppy food.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
as i was leaving the vet clinic i noticed one of the employees vehicles had a little sticker on there vehicle it said HEY WALZ..with the middle finger expended. :happy1: i gave it a 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is a dttp shot and what did your Vet say about food?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow glenn the youngster is growing fast...

hope all works out with your sheltie after the rabies vacine.had a lengthy talk years back with the senior small animal vet at the U of M when my 12 year old golden came down with lymphoma,at the time they were doing a study on labs and goldens because so many senior pets had this disease,maybe no worries with smaller pup's like your sheltie but they're conclusion was our vacines and how hard some are on internal organs,(liver/kidney) he told me unless you have an aggresive dog no rabies after 10 years old,another issue for our pup's was the K-9 lyme vacine was another toughy two year application and only works  5% of the time but also takes a toll on internal organs

Take notice of your sheltie to check if she has a reaction to the rabies shot,if so her kidney's will become inflamed at her old age ,tell tale sign is two bumps on her back behind her rib cage.

vet continued to school me about our vet clinic's,he said they send a notice for what we need to have done,next thing they do is piggy back 3,4 ,5 other vacines,so young pup's and seniors be careful,rabies vacine is good for 3 years but some cities want booster every year or two years,vet's are protected if pup bites somone and owner is a couple months behind on shots,so bottom line when rabies are due insist on just that one shot if pup needs parvo etc come back at a later date,just a fyi,my last two pups had cancer once they went over 10 years so a little gun shy.

How ya doing with OB training? get him a training collar yet?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is a dttp shot and what did your Vet say about food?
the shot was distemper. And I posted it above my Walz comment  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, in town I need to keep up with the rabies shots per there ordinances. I believe the sheltie was 3 years apart
As far as the other things I got pills, for shadow anyway. The never pushed anything for the sheltie.

Working on the OB, slowly. Once it warms up I will get outside and away from the sheltie so he concentrate better. He still gets my paper every morning and brings it to me. He also goes and gets the toys I throw down the hall and brings it back to me. He isn't liking giving them up much yet. :rotflmao: