Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Introducing Shadow!  (Read 85596 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: I see ONLY 1 for the contest :rolleyes:, won't beat Boar that way!! :nerd:  :evil:
« Last Edit: August 08/28/22, 06:09:30 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And someone needs to learn him how to take pics! Can't see the nose or tail.. :mooning:  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:tut: I see ONLY 1 for the contest :rolleyes:, won't beat Boar that way!!:nerd:  :evil:
one more then you ever entered. :mooning:

And boober.... HD already scored it. :mooning: I can see both ends just fine!!  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: I see ONLY 1 for the contest :rolleyes:, won't beat Boar that way!!:nerd:  :evil:
one more then you ever entered. :mooning:

And boober.... HD already scored it. :mooning: I can see both ends just fine!!  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
:scratch: So, you don't think I'll beat Boar either? :confused:                ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 08/29/22, 07:41:48 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......shadow turns 2 today!!!!!! sure got big since i brought that little furball home!!!!!!! think it'll be around dec 20th or 21rst since i've actually had him.

its been a fun but yet trying at times the past 2 years. overall been a great 2 years with him. but heaven forbid if i dont take him with somewhere!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Copper doesn't like it when I leave him home neither.  When I walk out the door he expects to be going out with me.  So like yesterday the wife tells me to go out and get the truck ready and she gives the dogs a treat and then she comes out.  LOL  Sure love him too.  I guess you are bringing Shadow to deer camp since your honey isn't home?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Copper doesn't like it when I leave him home neither.  When I walk out the door he expects to be going out with me.  So like yesterday the wife tells me to go out and get the truck ready and she gives the dogs a treat and then she comes out.  LOL  Sure love him too.  I guess you are bringing Shadow to deer camp since your honey isn't home?
yea i'm going to have to.  i thought of leaving him with the grandaughter, where the wife is but they have a little lab to and its just going to be to much!!! The little 15 year old sheltie will be staying there, she's pretty easy to care for. the saturday and sunday when we are out in the woods all day he'll go in the big shed with all the doors closed........i dont quite trust him being in the cabin for that long by himself yet.  after that and everyone leaves i'll hunt mornings and evenings so he'll be supervised a bit.

i got the ides that my brother will be also bringing his dog also given the current situation he's at with his woman...... :scratch: :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get him one of those about 6" long shin bones with peanut butter inside it.  They last forever and our dogs love them.  We have about 4 of them laying around here.  They even like to pick them up and just carry them around.  Much safer than those rawhides which I use for years.  Will never use them again.  Bad for the dogs to swallow them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a lap dog just like Dotch!!🙄

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there's no lap!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cabin must be tough!🤣

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What a putz!!🤣🤣

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
His brother likes that pose too.    :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my labs did that too...   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me and the dawg might have issues with the couch later! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He looks pretty comfy there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rabies shot done for 3 years. The big putz weighs 78 lbs

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

my last yellow was pushing 90...   no lap lander there!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

my last yellow was pushing 90...   no lap lander there!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
my first black lab was 90 plus too!!!!!!!!!! dont recall my chocolate lab???? somewhere around 70!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I mentioned it before but it's crazy how we change over the years. Our first yellow wasn't allowed in the house until it was -10 or colder ( he had swing door into the garage) which was fully insulated.  Never was allowed in the cabin and always slept and traveled under the topper. Fast forward a few dogs, they ride in the cab, have a couch spot and share our pillows.. Gotta love em!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I mentioned it before but it's crazy how we change over the years. Our first yellow wasn't allowed in the house until it was -10 or colder ( he had swing door into the garage) which was fully insulated.  Never was allowed in the cabin and always slept and traveled under the topper. Fast forward a few dogs, they ride in the cab, have a couch spot and share our pillows.. Gotta love em!

so darn true!!!   but not in bed for me!!  they still had the couch!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :pouty: shadow sleeps on the couch, in my chair and in bed with his head on my wife's pillow!! :happy1: :rotflmao: and I love it!!👍

When Sue does get home she's gonna have to deal with the dawg at bedtime!!🤣🤣🤣

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good luck with that I'm thinking!!!!!   bad hip and a dog fight!!   not a good combo I'm thinking...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good luck with that I'm thinking!!!!!   bad hip and a dog fight!!   not a good combo I'm thinking...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: Yea something tells me I might end up on the wrong end of that! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I feel so bad when I think of my dog being outside.  He did have a nice dog house but still.  That was many years ago.  Now it is inside with us is where they belong.  At least at our house. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my first black lab.....Spike was alaways outside too. then we got a sheltie...then big ole spike came in all the time too. i felt alot better!

but damn does shadow shed  :surrender: :doah: :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :confused: :scratch: :doah: i'm not sure how i should feel right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!! went out this afternoon to do some things. put gas in the auger, looked behind me shadow is right there. run the auger.do my thing.......no shadow. he's never liked the noise from a small engine......

i got 25 miles driving around cold spring.........and i cant find him!!!!!!!!! i dont know if i should friggin cry or be totally pissed off!!!!!!!

i sure hope he finds his way home........after i kick his royal ass..........i'll give him a big hug!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no Glenn.  Mine were the same way with all of the chain sawing I do.  Buddy is finally calm with it so Cooper is getting better too.  But they only go 25 yards and lay down.  Damn I would be there in a heartbeat if I could be.  Oh man....   Talk to as many neighbors as you can as he may end up on their step during the night.  I would knock on every door.   OR just keep on walking through the neighbor hood calling him.  My prayers are with you my friend.  My wife too is thinking good thoughts.  You keep us posted!!!  Put a big bowl of his favorite food out too so if he shows up in the middle of the night he has something to eat.  Throw one of your coats out there too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's close I think.  Call the local Humane Society too.   They want to hear from you. Does he have a collar on?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Call the local police dept.  They may be your best friend.