Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Outdoors news paper/magazine  (Read 10304 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My mom gifted me a 1 year subscription to this. I've heard of it, years ago read a few.

Anyone else get this subscription? Like it, not??? What type of stuff does it cover??? Haven't received it yet. I could care less about bass fishing in florida just a good Minnesota issue. Kinda like the Minnesota conservation volunteer.

How often does it come??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Outdoor News?  I have gotten it for 30 plus years.  I thought everyone got it.  Great paper.  It slows me down when I use it for cleaning my fish on too.  There is sometimes an article I missed but I see it when cleaning fish so I have to read it. 
« Last Edit: December 12/28/20, 08:31:28 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mostly MN stuff Glenn. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Outdoor News?  I have gotten it for 30 plus years.  I thought everyone got it.  Great paper.  It slows me down when I use it for cleaning my fish on too.  There is sometimes an article I missed but I see it when cleaning fish so I have to read it.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: better use the church bulletin then  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It comes weekly Glenn,  you'll like it.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
50 issues a year. I just subscribed last week.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been getting that for about 20 years or more too. You will like It for sure.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup you will like it!!!  I enjoy cuffs and collars!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys!!!!!!!!! :happy1: i often thought about it but heard a rumor once they where anti=spearing. wasnt having any part of that.

guess i'll see when i get my first issue.!!!!!!!!! especially if its mostly minnesota stuff!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the founder of it was, that has changed over the years.. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to get it but it started like everything else to get more political and theres enough of that crap around. I dont need to read it when I'm just trying to read about hunting and fishing stuff!  :huh:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I get it and gift it to several others.  I don't know how many years but it's been a lot.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to get it but it started like everything else to get more political and theres enough of that crap around. I dont need to read it when I'm just trying to read about hunting and fishing stuff!  :huh:
leech, leech, leech, dont be a debbie downer!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: regardless of what life has, somehow politics enters into it regardless if we like it or not, even in the great outdoors!

guess i'll seee but like the daily newspaper, if the title or headline dont trip my trigger......glenn  dont read it!!!! :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
leech, leech, leech, dont be a debbie downer!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: regardless of what life has, somehow politics enters into it regardless if we like it or not, even in the great outdoors!

guess i'll seee but like the daily newspaper, if the title or headline dont trip my trigger......glenn  dont read it!!!! :happy1:

The upside for you Glenn is they still use a lot of pictures.   :laugh:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Can't say that I blame Leech the way some of the media twist the news in order to get us to look at it from their POV.  :tut: It's sickening some of the :bs: Fox News, CNN, & some others do to put their spin on things.  :sad: One reason, like you said, I don't watch those networks. :bonk: :banghead:
« Last Edit: December 12/29/20, 01:41:34 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
99.9% of my news watching is with Frank and Amelia on channel 4. I won't watch the other crap

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not available here but up north it's usually that, especially in the morning & we like Duluth for the weaather at night sometimes too

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not available here but up north it's usually that, especially in the morning & we like Duluth for the weaather at night sometimes too
but duluth's weather is so much different than we get at the cabin. I was told we usually get what bemidji gets do I always have a bemidji radio station tuned in.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Bemidji or GR is usually on our radio but Duluth's weatherguy has been doin it for a long time & he grew up up there in Ely(?). He seems to get it right most of the time too IMO.
« Last Edit: December 12/29/20, 12:00:07 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That's kinda what finally caused to me to let my subscription lapse after having it for ~ 20 years. Shills for the DNR. Wolves don't kill moose: Climate change and people do!  :doah: That and I tired of Drieslein's & Shawn Perich's constant bellyaching about farmers. Those two clowns were always more than willing to come out and hunt on some farmer's land, then turn around and bash farmers as a whole. I always appreciated Gary Clancy tho. He's dead now but never bashed anyone, just wrote about the great hunts, fishing trips and people he'd met. If the DNR did something good, he'd write about it. If they effed up, he'd write about it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Clancy was awesome!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya he was good.  I remember the article he wrote about how clubs bought smelt for smelt fries and he would attend.  He said a lot of them were actually spot tail shiners mixed in with the smelt.  SO he would just go to a bait shop and buy spot tail shiners when they were big ones and go home and eat them like smelt.  He joked about how if it became popular bait shops would probably have to go with stainless tanks since they are selling food for people now.  LOL

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
but duluth's weather is so much different than we get at the cabin. I was told we usually get what bemidji gets do I always have a bemidji radio station tuned in.
We also have 3 cable stations(PBTV) up there that are 24/7 weather too. GR is 1, Bemidji is another, & the other must be NWS with constant radar.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I read an article in the latest edition of the outdoor news they want to pass a bill outlawing everything lead.  :confused: that's gonna urinate me right off if I gotta go buy all new tackle. :angry2:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
They have been talking about this for years. I'm sure it will happen someday. Please someone let me know when we have made the perfect world? But I'm thinking someone will never be happy. 😕
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
25 years ago it was going to be no lead in 2 or 3 years.  Still having that discussion. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So I read an article in the latest edition of the outdoor news they want to pass a bill outlawing everything lead.  :confused: that's gonna urinate me right off if I gotta go buy all new tackle. :angry2:
:tut:..................... :cry: :cry: :cry: :violin: :violin:............................ :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:..................... :cry: :cry: :cry: :violin: :violin:............................ :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:moon: :moon: :doah: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: