Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where do you find rabbit?  (Read 4497 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
A smarty early this morning.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to agree that I have saw way more rabbit's in my back yard then any where in the woods the last few years. 😯
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here. Amazing the number of fresh tracks after a snowfall. Perfect habitat, bushes, shrubs, lotsa brush & brush piles. Chew off anything unprotected.  :tut:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
many here too and they are not afraid of humans over all...  might have to borrow a dog!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The rabbit population is down in my neighborhood since the fox and coyote moved in.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
havent seen a rabbit up north in i dont know how long.

around home i see them, until i got shadow!!!!!! :rotflmao: they liked to hide under my deck in the woodpile. i need to put up a fence around my garden to keep the bunnies out....now i think it will be to keep shadow out!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Catch 'em in our Hostas a lot, 'specially the ones on the south side.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Catch 'em in our Hostas a lot, 'specially the ones on the south side.
do the deer eat those hosta's at your place?? every once in a while we get to the cabin we can tell somethings been eating them. one time every hosta mom has planted was picked clean of every leaf. and deer crap as evidence!!!!!1 :rotflmao:

i often thought of planting some by my deer stand!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Oh, yeah!! They both seem to know when we leave too. :scratch: :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Owls cleaned up our neighborhood rabbits,cooper hawks helped during the summer months.,but as a youngster we hunted rabbits daily after school with our bows or wrist rockets,also trapped them,low lying areas/cattails,williow patches etc,from what I  remember thay had tunnels/funnels in the snow easy snare setup.

My old swedish grandma made a great rabbit stew meal she called "Hasenpfefer" kinda like chicken n dumplings today,rabbit is great table fare

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My old swedish grandma made a great rabbit stew meal she called "Hasenpfefer" kinda like chicken n dumplings today,rabbit is great table fare

Who could forget...

Bring me my Hossenfeffer!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
About the time i was old enough to take the gun safety training classes in the early 70's, rabbits had developed toularemia locally and we were told to avoid them. Plenty of squirrels so never really got into hunting bunnies after that. Have eaten both domestic & wild rabbit but prefer squirrel.

First thing I saw was a bunny cleaning up under the bird feeder this a.m. Good thing there are cages around the hydrangea & burning bushes. Cottontail candy. Little bastages used to love giving our spireas a reverse mohawk...  :angry:
« Last Edit: January 01/25/21, 10:10:13 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)