Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 38528 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm still trying to figure out if that's a green bay Packers collar on him??? :scratch: :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely not!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: It is a Remington collar that I had on my yellow lab about 3 dogs ago.  Just thought Cooper should wear it.  Willy is buried on the south side of the maple tree in the yard.  Sammy is on the north side.  Cooper will be either east or west.  Depends on where Buddy goes. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yea Gunner was afraid to ask. :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So the last couple of weeks Cooper has been getting things off the counter and the kitchen table when we are gone.  We have magazines and mail there usually.  Things to read when we eat.  Well the wife just went to get us Subs for brunch and I get on here to check out the weather radar.  Buddy is right next to me so I am petting him as I look at the screen on the computer.  I hear a slight noise and here Cooper is 15' from me and he is walking around on the kitchen table.   :confused: :confused: :crazy:   I yelled and him and he jumped right off of it and came to schmooze me out of being mad at him.  LOLOL  We have been putting him in his kennel when we leave now.  He used to be real trustworthy.  I spose he is big enough to do those things now.  SO I think when the wife walked out the door and I'm not making noise here that he biffed me even being here.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  He really jumped when I yelled at him.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: shadow hasn't done that yet. :rotflmao: but just about everything else  :confused: :doah: :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or how about this.  I love the guy and he is pretty darn smart but!!!  We are in the garage.  It is a two garage door setup.  They are both open.  The walk in door is not quite closed so I go to close it.  It is right next to one of the open garage doors.  Cooper followed me to the walk in door and wanted out.  I opened it and he ran out the door.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Or how about this.  I love the guy and he is pretty darn smart but!!!  We are in the garage.  It is a two garage door setup.  They are both open.  The walk in door is not quite closed so I go to close it.  It is right next to one of the open garage doors.  Cooper followed me to the walk in door and wanted out.  I opened it and he ran out the door.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea they can act pretty goofy at times

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My boy has been a handfull lately like cooper and shadow,must be in the golden retiever genes?.last night grilled up a couple bugers for supper,had a pale of good old fashion potato salad on the counter,sealed up in tupper wear,sliced a couple hot pickles to add to the salad,darned pup nailed to the potato salad,got the tupper wear lid off,ate all the salad and even the sliced pickles by the time I got back in to the house with my burgers,bet he had/has the shetes all day.would serve him right,
« Last Edit: May 05/27/21, 08:43:24 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused:  Must be the moon phase we are in now. Can't be our dogs can it?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so LPS...............wanna pick you brain a bit. here is the deal. back when my chocolate lab was alive i could leave the shelties food down and CoCo, the chocolate lab would leave it alone and the sheltie could eat whenever she wanted to. keep in mind, they where both pups and grew up together.

now shadow will eat anything and everything in his sight, even things he shouldnt be eating.  :confused: :rotflmao: he goes in a kennel at night so i can put the shelties food down so she eats at night.

so my question is, how do you do your operation with cooper and buddy??? i would like to put the kennel away so shadow doesnt need to go in it every night, i think he is good to go...........BUT...............i knoe for a fact he'll clean out the shelties food dish!!!!!  :confused:

i'm open for suggestions from anyone thats willing  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some dogs are just that way Glenn..  good luck!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At food time we feed both dogs.  They eat all of their food so no problem with them eating each others food. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks LPS!!!!!! yea my sheltie dont eat that way.  :pouty: never really has......she takes a few kernels..walks away eats, comes back and does it again. guess i'll have to figure something out. i have been putting her food down when shadow eats and he is getting better at not trying to plow through me to get at her food though!!!!!1 :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Buddy started eating faster once Cooper grew up and wanted Buddies food too.  Haven't put Cooper in the kennel inside except if we go somewhere and don't put him in the outside kennel.  At night he is loose.  We have learned what to keep things out of his way. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Buddy started eating faster once Cooper grew up and wanted Buddies food too.  Haven't put Cooper in the kennel inside except if we go somewhere and don't put him in the outside kennel.  At night he is loose.  We have learned what to keep things out of his way.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:oh i hear ya!!!!!!! the fun of a young rambunctious puppy!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, I wandered through fleet farm today and they had a whole palate of the diamond maintenance dog food. Must be an Amazon thing?? :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Amazon is doing that so we buy their Wag food. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Things went well at the Vet today.  My boy looks pretty beat up by it all.  I shed some  tears for him on the way home.  They really got into it fixing his eyelid this time.  Looks like they got it fixed.  Must hurt like heck.  They said to give aspirin instead of Tylenol.  Buffered aspirin is better for the stomach. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He should heal up pretty good.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor dude, keeping him otta the weeds n seeds will be tough.  So was tgat an old injury the worked on?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No it just started happening when he was about 3 months old.  The Vet said it is common and is genetic.  Some don't get it till a year old or even older.  This is my 6th lab and I have never had a dog with it.  It is an inverted eyelid.  It turns in.  His was the bottom one but can be a top or bottom one.  Sometimes take 2 surgeries to get it done.  Looks like they got it this time. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor dude, keeping him otta the weeds n seeds will be tough.  So was tgat an old injury the worked on?
don't worry boober, I have complete confidence cooper will be pampered good and proper. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just realized reading the posts that yes I need to keep him away from the river.   SO I will have to put him on a leash when I head down there.  Will have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't sneak there.  He has done that.  He stops and looks back to see if I am watchin.  LOL   I just say OK go ahead.  LOL  Oh ya he weighs 68 lbs.  Supposed to be feeding 4 cups of food a day.  Twice a day now.  I know the wife and I heap them up so may be 5.  If he starts getting chunky we will cut back.  He has a huge amount of extra skin so he should grow some more.  Buddy gets half that but he is 11 years old and looking good. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love the he77 out of both of them and also Bob our female cat.  Both dogs like her and if she hisses they jump!  AND I mean JUMP!!   Hilarious.  I think she just likes doing it sometimes.  She will walk right in front of them by inches strutting here stuff.  Sometimes Cooper will go up and poke her with his nose and even bark at her.  She sits with her legs crossed for awhile.  Then she hisses and wacks him and he jumps and almost falls down sometimes.  Funny as heck. 
« Last Edit: July 07/27/21, 06:14:28 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shadow has alot of extra skin to but he's already a monster. :rotflmao: tallest lad I've had

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Their Dad is 95 lbs.  They look like they have a lot of him in them.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
glad all went good for Cooper!!  yup have fun keeping him out of the water!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No it just started happening when he was about 3 months old.  The Vet said it is common and is genetic.  Some don't get it till a year old or even older.  This is my 6th lab and I have never had a dog with it.  It is an inverted eyelid.  It turns in.  His was the bottom one but can be a top or bottom one.  Sometimes take 2 surgeries to get it done.  Looks like they got it this time.
Wow, I never heard of it either with the labs we've had. I wonder if Glenn's hound will get it eventually .

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I sure hope not.