Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 38557 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck lps, hopefully cooper passes the sock. Can't say I've ever been down that road,  usually just pcs of clothing they were chewing up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hoping he passes the sock too Barry. Don't want to speculate too much but he's a good sized dog and it doesn't sound like it was a huge sock. Sounds like you've done what you can. Could end up like the cats when they used to eat the milk strainers. Sometimes had to pull them out of their @ss to finish the job for them but they went on through. And glenn tells me he can always use more socks!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hoping he passes the sock too Barry. Don't want to speculate too much but he's a good sized dog and it doesn't sound like it was a huge sock. Sounds like you've done what you can. Could end up like the cats when they used to eat the milk strainers. Sometimes had to pull them out of their @ss to finish the job for them but they went on through. And glenn tells me he can always use more socks!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
friend has a st benard,young pup ate two socks they didn't know about,dog got sick,would'nt eat,vet visit x-ray dectected a big mass in the pup's stomach,surgery revealed the sock's,spendy deal.

can't/shouldn't let our pup's have our anything even if its old,they think whatever is laying around with our scent its open season.bad deal.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I weighed him this morning.  53 lbs.  LOL  He is slim and trim too.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a cat that ate the draw string from a sweatshirt hoodie. One day the cat walked by and I saw about 3 inches dangling from the cats a$$. I just grab it and pulled. Dumb animals.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have my eyes peeled.  Feeling like I may be helping some with the passing of the sock.  Hopefully today. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Little rascal sure is growing up fast,like his cowlick like shadow cooper's golden is coming out,fun watching the boyz grow.thanx for sharing.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  That is a funny cowlick on his nose.  Was just talking to the wife and remembered we had a smaller lab named Willy a couple of dogs ago.  I had bought a half ham and it had a real thick rind on it.  I cut the rind off and threw it outside for him to chew on when he was out there.  I thought he would chew on it for a week.  This is a big chunk.  Darn near enough to make a football.  Well an hour later I went out to check the progress and it was already gone.  Willy ate it all.  I don't know how he swallowed it in one piece but he did..   We were worried.  He was uncomfortable for a few days and stink!!!!  He farted all day and night for 2 days.  Finally he must have pooped it out and I bet it wasn't fun neither.  Never did that again.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  That is a funny cowlick on his nose.  Was just talking to the wife and remembered we had a smaller lab named Willy a couple of dogs ago.  I had bought a half ham and it had a real thick rind on it.  I cut the rind off and threw it outside for him to chew on when he was out there.  I thought he would chew on it for a week.  This is a big chunk.  Darn near enough to make a football.  Well an hour later I went out to check the progress and it was already gone.  Willy ate it all.  I don't know how he swallowed it in one piece but he did..   We were worried.  He was uncomfortable for a few days and stink!!!!  He farted all day and night for 2 days.  Finally he must have pooped it out and I bet it wasn't fun neither.  Never did that again.
dat's funny!!  we had an english bulldog who once swallowed a sweet corn cob after the corn had been eaten...  soneone threw to him and like you we didn't watch him and poof gone!!!  2 days later it came back out the way it went in!!!  that poor dog was sure hungry after that, he didn't eat till then!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ouch!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well LPS  :scratch: are you proud grandparents of a new sock puppy, or would that be a relief of a sockey experience.  :rolleyes: :shocked: :confused:

Seriously hope he passes that without trouble.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't seen it yet.  He seems healthy and happy and eats his food good.  We are trying to watch him better to see if it passes but he was out in the pasture yesterday so who knows.  I keep waiting for him to trot up to the house with it hanging out of his azz.  Then the wife will have to help him.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, IS cooper shedding alot??? Man shadow is shedding like crazy.  :doah: I take him outside twice a day and get him with a shedding blade. I think I could make a pillow out of all the hair. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn its yu whos shedding quit blamin the dog..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
does he have enough hair to shed??????????   just askin..............

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
does he have enough hair to shed??????????   just askin..............
nope... I don't. Well then again, maybe  :confused: just not on my head. :pouty: :confused:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,he's losing his puppy hair,be sure to brush his tail feathers down otherwise they'll wrap around the tail,same for his front legs brush horizontal away from the legs,it'll be over after about 5 days as long as you brush everyday,its a golden trait,did his nose turn brown over winter or stay black? golden's nose turn brown in the winter ,black in the summer,curious
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 11:32:26 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea easier said then done. :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: he goes crazy when I try to brush him. :rotflmao: but Yea I try and hit him everywhere.

And his nose has been black all along do far.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Cowboy up glenn,show shadow who's boss....lol,pretty sure that rack type deal you use pulls his hair that contarption is ment for short hair pups,even horses.my neighbor uses one on her horse.poor shadow now that dad's retired.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cowboy up glenn,show shadow who's boss....lol,pretty sure that rack type deal you use pulls his hair that contarption is ment for short hair pups,even horses.my neighbor uses one on her horse.poor shadow now that dad's retired.
oh I do plenty of that.... As he's laying on my lap AGAIN. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No Cooper doesn't seem to be losing that much hair.  I don't use those real sharp blades anymore.  We have a brush that you click it and the wires retract and the hair falls off the brush.  Love it and the dogs love to be brushed with it.  Our cat even likes it and it works great.  I don't think they like that real sharp thing you use.  Ours don't.  The one they love is called a self cleaning brush made by Pet Neat. 
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 02:58:47 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been using that shedding blade on all my dogs on occasion. It seems to work best on shadow right now.  He doesn't mind it he just wants to get at it and chew on it  :confused: :rotflmao:

The brush thing your using sounds like the thing they call the furminator. I have that and use it also.

I also using a brush, one side has nylon bristles other side fine wire bristles with a blunt point.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just did a walkabout and guess what we found.  A big turd with the anklet in it.  Looked fairly fresh too.  Finally passed it.  I see it had some rubber dots on the bottom for traction.  That may have been working against us as we waited the movement.   What a relief to us and to Cooper.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya clean it for the wife???  I'm betting not!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya clean it for the wife???  I'm betting not!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
NO DOTCH... he better not mail it to me either. :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  She was the one who actually saw it first.  We both broke out laughing. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am relieved and happy for you. For Cooper too!  :happy1: The stuff they won't try to eat... :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I am relieved and happy for you. For Cooper too!  :happy1: The stuff they won't try to eat... :bonk:
Yea me too.  And Yea they'll eat anything. :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's great news lps!! Pretty scary what them youngsters can get in to.