Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just a friendly reminder.  (Read 3884 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
20h  ·
The fish house removal deadline is quickly approaching: Monday, March 1 for the southern two-thirds of Minnesota.
When you vacate the ice, remember: leave only an impression. Everything else is litter, and that's not good for the water, the shoreline, or people’s images of ice anglers.
Please #BeGoodNATUREd and put your garbage where it belongs: in the trash. mndnr.gov/iceshelter

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
great reminder GT,every year after this deadline I make a sweep on our local lakes before ice out,it amazes me how negligent folks are,some burn down they're crappy shacks made of 4x8 sheets of plywood others just pull em leave blocks and other debris behind,most often we'll load up my 6x10 utility trailer  2 sometime 3 times in one afternoon,with more folks using wheel houses maybe this will help.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont think those people who have better uses for their money than a "wheelhouse" have exactly cornered the market on being slobs. Visit Red Lake sometime and you might see just the opposite.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont think those people who have better uses for their money than a "wheelhouse" have exactly cornered the market on being slobs. Visit Red Lake sometime and you might see just the opposite.

wishful thinking on my part,mille lacs was worse years ago,we had alot of help from resorts and citizen's to help in our clean-up efforts.

couple years ago on bald eagle the issue was "meth" folks setup labs on the ice tossing out the crap they use to make the stuff on the ice,dnr co's got wise to this ,took pictures of the meth lab houses for evidence and busted these folks mean while after the snow melted the area was littered with anti freeze jugs and other crap they used. agreed "slobs" bad deal.
« Last Edit: February 02/25/21, 01:00:45 PM by snow1 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It'll be interesting this weekend,  I'll be out both days and I'm sure I'll see some crap left behind on some metro lakes. I'll be bringing some bags to hand out if they don't feel like picking up..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It'll be interesting this weekend,  I'll be out both days and I'm sure I'll see some crap left behind on some metro lakes. I'll be bringing some bags to hand out if they don't feel like picking up..
what you promise momma to get a free pass like that?? :scratch: :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
what you promise momma to get a free pass like that?? :scratch: :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
Ha!! Normally she would be with and I could  use her grit on the ice but she's busy but I can still use her lite  rig to get me fishin!!