Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2020 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an out building with an insulated upstairs. I went up there and noticed all the insulation on the ceiling was hanging down and torn. After looking around I found several dead rodents and 5 or so live ones. They must have got through some  1 1/2” holes that the woodpeckers made on the siding. I don’t know if they are regular baby squirrels or red squirrels. Any ideas?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Possible it's one of these guys. Size & coloration look about right. I've never seen one of them in person although I may have imagined them after one of my binges...or not... :scratch:

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/flyingsquirrel.html
« Last Edit: March 03/18/21, 04:35:52 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Flying squirrel.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Flying squirrel.  :happy1:
yep I agree. If you can see if it has a skin webbing from it's body to his legs.

We used to have 6 of them at the cabin that come to the sunflower feeders after dark.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never seen one but my brother said they are all over and more active than most people think. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will add to the consensus. flying squirrel for sure.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Everyone knows this is a flesh eating gopher.     :sleazy:    Ahhh, just kidding, it's Friday.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm