Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wood tick season is here  (Read 4289 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a reminder...Get your dogs tick treatment on, Ive already found ticks on my dog.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gave our dogs their Bravecta the other day.  Love that stuff.  Haven't seen a tick on them for a few years since we started using it.  Just saw on the news about how many dogs and cats have gotten sick and died from using the Seresto flea collars and they won't do a volunteer recall on them.  I don't like those smelly flea collars.  Used to used them but not anymore.  Who knows what is best for them.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Not   fan of any of these topical or internal meds,very hard on our critters organs but you folks up north have no choice,me? Ill be burning my back 40 this weekend for tick control,somehow some survive,vet claims many drop off mice,have yet to see a tick on one of many field mice I've trapped in the pole barn.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not   fan of any of these topical or internal meds,very hard on our critters organs but you folks up north have no choice,me? Ill be burning my back 40 this weekend for tick control,somehow some survive,vet claims many drop off mice,have yet to see a tick on one of many field mice I've trapped in the pole barn.
so your gonna save the rioters from burning your town down!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i've used the topicals, now they gave shadow a pill form???? i'll use whatever they suggest i guess..........just not buying it at the vet clinic...

i wont put any tick stuff on my dogs still a few dys before i head up north......in about a month. no ticks here in the yard i've ever seen.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gave our dogs their Bravecta the other day.  Love that stuff.  Haven't seen a tick on them for a few years since we started using it.  Just saw on the news about how many dogs and cats have gotten sick and died from using the Seresto flea collars and they won't do a volunteer recall on them.  I don't like those smelly flea collars.  Used to used them but not anymore.  Who knows what is best for them.
Not good lps,  we've been using seresto for years. Which network you hear that from ? I best look into it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not good lps,  we've been using seresto for years. Which network you hear that from ? I best look into it.
i read about it couple weeks ago, last nite it was on the #4 news at 10 pm. seresto is denying however there product kills dogs.  but ithink they said it was like 117,000 dogs affected????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was on the CBS morning show this morning.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
so your gonna save the rioters from burning your town down!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i've used the topicals, now they gave shadow a pill form???? i'll use whatever they suggest i guess..........just not buying it at the vet clinic...

LOL...you funny guy glenn,but yeah figure I would get the ball rolling for blm,get my neighbors all fired-up,one neighbor gal is such a twit,I named her "nervous nellie" it stuck with her husband and other neighbors,now I get the stink eye everytime she see's me....lol.

i wont put any tick stuff on my dogs still a few dys before i head up north......in about a month. no ticks here in the yard i've ever seen.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
i read about it couple weeks ago, last nite it was on the #4 news at 10 pm. seresto is denying however there product kills dogs.  but ithink they said it was like 117,000 dogs affected????
1700 the article I read, but still waaaay to many. Just stinks was really easy putting the collar on fir 8 months,  take it off fir dock jumping.  Let alone trying to remember if they got it this month or last.. Oh well back to the liquids,  hope FF returns them picked up 3 collars a little bit back.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My fingers got carried away maybe. :confused: :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is 1,700 verified dead.  117,000 with serious issues.  I used collars for years.  I always wondered when I can smell the things what must it be to the dog with a nose like theirs to have that smelly thing on their neck.  I always tried to not touch them and what does that say for something you put on your dogs neck?

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I never had an issue with the Seresto collars smelling,  we all made sure we washed our hands tho. Well FF took em back yesterday (un opened), now I don't know what to do. The lab when he was young I started the chewables but he seemed lethargic,  so we quit that.  The liquids hangs on the dogs til it's dried which seems to get rubbed on whatever they touch. The Golden retriever has a vet appt next weekend so we'll havta see what they have to say.. collars were so easy, set it and forget it for 8 months.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Then again if ot lasts 8 months it's bound to pack a punch right otta the package,  too much I spose for some dogs..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I repeat get the book "How to afford Veterinary care without mortgaging the kids".  Great tips on how to save money and take the best care of your pets.  It is on Amazon. 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been thinking about getting it but I'll probably go to Barnes and noble  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He tells how to buy a bottle of Ivermectin and give your dog I think 1/10 CC per month for heartworm and also treats other worms too.  You just shoot it in their mouth.  We buy a bottle about every 3 years for about $30.  That treats 2 dogs.  SO we save about $250 I believe instead of using Frontline  which is also Ivermectin. 
« Last Edit: March 03/22/21, 07:46:18 AM by LPS »