Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 1 player who could cut......  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 12:27:11 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I've read several pieces on Hughes and his neck injury. Personally for his well being he should hang up the pads. seems that injury could get really had if it gets twerked again.

Actually surprised they haven't cut him already. To bad to.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I understand cutting Hughes if you think he is injured too much, but he is still on his rookie deal.  (The article talks about the Vikes NOT picking up his 5th year option.)

So compared to other free agents out there, Hughes is still cheap (relatively) for one more season.  Cutting him might save some money, but not a lot.

I guess if you need to cut Hughes or someone else so that you can afford to pay the 2021 draft class their slotted salaries, then I guess you cut the guy who is often too hurt to play.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad we wouldn't save a lot of money if we cut him.  Complete wash out.  Even when he isn't hurt he doesn't contribute much. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I thought he played pretty well at the end of his rookie year & the start of his 2nd season but that's about the only time he hasn't been on IR. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim seems to be loyal to his guys who understand his system.  He puts a lot of value on that.

It will be interesting to see how this one shakes out as Hughes hasn't reached full potential.