Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Time for a new pup  (Read 4225 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
On November 7th, 2019 we had to put down our beloved golden retriever, Rocky. He was 14 years old and absolutely wonderful dog. We have discussed getting a new pup a couple of different times over the past year and a half. My oldest daughter is a senior this year and off to college next fall. Our youngest is a sophomore and we thought she could use a companion since she will be the only kid at home for the next couple years. Last week I put a deposit down on a new pup (also a golden). We get to pick it up on April 11th. We are still trying to determine a name...any suggestions? Wish us luck!
« Last Edit: March 03/29/21, 09:44:42 AM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thats a great family picture.  :happy1: :happy1:

cute little critter!!!!!! :happy1:

so is this a name the new puppy contest??????  :rotflmao: as snow said early on.........name it NO!!!!!!!!!! Because you will be saying that for a good 8 months way more that whatever name you do choose.  :pouty: i have recent experience in that dept!!!! :happy1:

good luck deciding a name!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bet you will know the name when ya meet the pup and take it home, they will tell ya!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:  good luck!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn? I think Boar Jr. is already taken... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL so true glenn,my 8 year old golden was "NO"  all weekend,little booger but that's okay keep reminding myself he's a golden retriever that's what they do,get in trouble and sneak around.

But as mike stated can't pick a name until you spend sometime with the pup OUTDOOR JUNKIE...goldens have such a human like personality,Always thought about a working mans name like Hank,George etc would be fun.

Did you get a working bloodline or just a house golden? what breeder? Curious.

MY boy Duce registerd name is "wildfire double trouble" "Duce" is the short version,wildfire is the breeding kennel which is required on they're working pup's registerd name.