Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Friday afternoon I chose poorly  (Read 4095 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got to my cabin around 2 pm and being the first time I was to stay there this year, I had some housekeeping to do.  I had a choice to setup decoys near the cabin or about 110 yards across a food plot where I had set up a blind last week.  I chose the lazy way and set up a couple decoys about 20 yards from the cabin.  Around 6 PM a very big beard dragging tom showed up across the plot.  He did eye my decoys off and on but never really made an effort to come over.  He did however parade back and forth in front of my turkey blind.  After 45 minutes he walked up to the blind as if to check it out and then walked into the woods and never returned.  Saturday morning I of course went in the blind across the food plot. (Nothing like closing the barn door after the cows are out) I did have a good morning and saw several hens and a jake.  The jake tried to gardener some interest from my decoy but quickly gave up.  Then the hen and jake came to say hello before heading into the woods.  Even though I didn't shoot one, it was a very entertaining morning.

Out the window you can see the decoy and blind in the distance

The decoy is about 20 yards out.  The blind is about 110 yards away.

Big tom feeding in the apple trees.

Hen and Jake feeding beyond my decoy.

Jake trying to impress a hunk of rubber.

Hen and Jake come in for a closer look at my blind. Less than 10 feet away. 

Probably the real reason I chose to stay in the cabin.  :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: i see deadeye like's katchup too!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

nice pictures............ :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How long is your season?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Great report D.E. thanx for sharing.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dakids, My season ends tomorrow however, I it opens again for the last two weeks of May.

glenn57, yes I discovered I did not bring the BBQ sauce so a touch of catsup was used.  Good catch.

I will post a few trail camera turkey pictures soon.  It looks like there are a few around.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the thing about turks...

If you see them at one spot and set up there the next day, they find a reason to be someplace else.

Good luck.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's a picture taken by a camera in "field watch" while I was watching my decoys from the cabin.  He seems to know somethings up.   :rotflmao: