Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: So we lost another great one....  (Read 32770 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He was excellent. Great show.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes he was a fun part of the show.  RIP

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, he was fun to watch. RIP.

Also seen today Matthew Perry died. He was great in Friends. RIP
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes he was!  rather young too...  RIP
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 54......................drowned in his hot tub, is what I read. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding.  Hadn't heard that.  He was a darn good actor.  RIP

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sad deal. Had seen where he led a tortured existence due to addiction to alcohol, painkillers, etc., but had straightened his life out. May he RIP.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the pc I read said he just said that he'd been sober for 18 months last October. :sad: RIP, Chandler.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We get more information than we probably ought to have when celebs die - especially in dubious circumstances.  The preliminary coroners report said there were no drugs found at the scene, but they are waiting toxicology reports and hinted at other circumstances that did not appear in the report.  Fame can take its toll on people if they can't figure out how to ground themselves.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Coach Bobby Knight. Indiana has never been the same.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm from Indiana, originally. Colorful character but not at all politically correct. He wasn't afraid to hurt someones feelings to get them motivated.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
      I'm from Indiana, originally. Colorful character but not at all politically correct. He wasn't afraid to hurt someones feelings to get them motivated.

Thats not a bad thing. To much coddling going on these days.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I remember hearing a story. He was bringing his team off the court after beating a team that was , on paper, a much better team.
      Some sports reporter asked him how they were able to beat whatever team it was. Coach Knight didn't even look up but said something very simple. "We won by scoring more points than they did". Coach just walked away.
      I didn't see it but I hope it's true.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :crazy: I remember when he threw a chair at an Iowa player back when Alford was the coach.  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to love watching Indiana & Purdue play as Keady was often just as intense as Knight. :crazy: If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a flying chair in 1 of their games too. ;) :smiley:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I always thought it was a little disingenuous when Knight's players got all bent out of shape when he was hard on them.  They knew what they were signing up for.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More of Sid Hartman's close personal friends keep biting the dust. He was a great coach, definitely fun to watch as long as your team wasn't playing against him. The chair throwing incident was a classic. After he retired and was an analyst for ESPN, he was great to listen to. Knew the game backwards and forwards.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We get more information than we probably ought to have when celebs die - especially in dubious circumstances.  The preliminary coroners report said there were no drugs found at the scene, but they are waiting toxicology reports and hinted at other circumstances that did not appear in the report.  Fame can take its toll on people if they can't figure out how to ground themselves.

The report that I saw, was he went into cardiac arrest, then drowned in the hot tub.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Norman Lear, the creator of many of the great sitcoms on when I was a kid, died at 101 on Tuesday. I was a big fan of "All in the Family" but he had many others too. Got his start writing for the Colgate Comedy Hour back in the 50's which starred Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis. RIP Norman!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Lear

yes he was a very talented man!!!  gave us some great TV shows....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man he was the man alright.  Very smart guy.  RIP

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
All in the Family changed everything for TV and had huge impacts on society.

It was kinda the first viral video.  Everyone watched to see what was being said about the hot issues of the day.  We have way more media outlets now, but that is probably where it started in terms of pop-sociology to mass audiences.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Loved all of Lear's shows. But especially All in the Family and Sanford and Son. :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The missus and I were on the Hulu a while ago, board and couldn't figure out what to watch.  We came across Sanford and Son and watched Season 1 Episode 1.  For being a 70s show, it held up pretty well.

(Ooops.  I think I remember mentioning this story several months back.  At least I remembered that I'm getting senile.  :bonk: )

I found that on Hulu or some other streamer service the other day.  We watched the 1st episode of season 1.  It holds up pretty well today.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/23, 03:04:54 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, we did the same at the cabin in the fall,  to pass time we watched All in the family,  spot on and didn't hold back.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm a lot like Archie which I don't consider a bad thing. Those sit-coms made me laugh back then and they still do to this day. May he rest in peace and keep the good Lord laughing.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He actually said that he wrote scripts for Archie & Edith to make them out to be like his mom & dad. :cool:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Ryan O'Neil gone. Big time 1970's film star. 82 yrs old.

Peyton Place....1960's
Love Story.....1970
Paper Moon with daughter Tatum.....1973  Tatum won an Oscar
The Main Event.....1979
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman