Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA MAY 26TH THRU THE 28TH 2021  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Just great fishing going on around Pierre with most boats (a lot) catching plenty of limits of fish. I finished guiding the Roses with Scott and Ann bringing along his brother Gene and wife Janet to full limits of walleye plus one day of catfishing/northern fishing. They had their full limits of walleye in the first to days hence the catfish trip. Then went on to guide Terry Nelson and son from Ida Grove Iowa to full possession limits of walleye. We caught all the walleye on nightcrawler/spinner rigs or pulling plugs in around 8 fow. We caught the northern /catfish in around 4 fow on smelt rigs. Lots of fish and lots of fun for both of these groups . The fish this year have a real nice average size on both Sharpe and Oahe and I look forward to a very good year here. Some hot weather a head this next week so remember sun screen and water. Bug spry in the boat can help. I use horse stable spray and if you spray it periodically it does help. I know Bermuda shorts are comfortable to wear in the summer months but if you are going out in them bring along some sweat pants or long pants to slip on if flies get biting. Spending a day slapping flies isn't that much fun.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch