Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: crappy news  (Read 10173 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so this spring the motor on my boat wouldnt start.  :confused: :angry2: brought it in to Intune marine in richmond. i knew it would be a bit because of this time of year.

so while i was at the cabin i got a call. they found the problem with the motor, the fuel pump leaks and something i didnt completely all crasp but it wasnt getting spark, so something electronics. the parts to fix it are about 265 bucks.... BUT..... the real kick in the gonads is they say my transom is bad and they wont work on it because of liability issues.......... :confused: :doah: :banghead: training-087

so i'll go up and check it out Tuesday, they said they'd show me what needed to be fixed and would order the parts....so i'll have to wait and see.

i've never really been a Mercury fan, but i'll have to admit since running the 5 horse and that 15 horse  4 stroke up north.......i'd own one!!!! Yamaha would be my first choice. Soooooo there might be a new/differnet boat in the near future!! :pouty: i hate boat and vehicle shopping. :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 Good luck buddy!  I would go get a new boat. Not new, but the market is situated with good used boats
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have owned every major brand of outboards and liked them all.  My new Merc is so quiet that when idling you can hear the water from the pee hole more than the motor running at times.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck buddy!  I would go get a new boat. Not new, but the market is situated with good used boats
:happy1: thanks....... but from what i'm hearing boats are so friggin expensive right now!!!!!!! :confused: but then again i havent looked at all either.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think in another year or so there will be many boats for sale, campers too.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn just doesn't like swatting all those moths that fly out of his wallet off those old union funds...  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Used boats are going for a lot of $$$. You might be better off buying new? You should be able to get into a nice rig for around a hundred grand.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 10:07:48 AM by Cooperman »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Why not just fix your transom? No biggie if the rest of your boat is solid.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 10:58:32 AM by roony »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Used boats are going for a lot of $$$. You might be better off buying new? You should be able to get into a nice rig for around a hundred grand.
:shocked: :rotflmao: Yea that ain't gonna happen unless I got a rich relative I don't know about. :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why not just fix your transom? No biggie if the rest of your boat is solid.
when I talked to the guy, I asked from his experience what that would cost. He said about 2 grand. I puckered up a bit. :surrender: :rotflmao: we did say he would go over it with me, but Yea that's an option.

However a newer boat would be nice, even momma was on board. :happy1: not sure if that's a ploy to get me to leave more or not. :doah: :scratch: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
2 grand! Wow. I'll fix it for ya for $1900.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
2 grand! Wow. I'll fix it for ya for $1900.
it's entered my mind to go it myself, my concern would be not having the appropriate tools, AND being able to lift that 40 horse motor off. :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Look on Walleye Central or Craigs list for the going prices of boats. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, how old's your boat, glenn? You by it new? Don't you store it indoors? No 4 stroke now? :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, how old's your boat, glenn? You by it new? Don't you store it indoors? No 4 stroke now? :confused:
no bought it used, one owner previous, and I knew the owner.

Nope not a 4 stroke.  Boat is about a 1975.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

What you got? 16' Lund tiller?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

What you got? 16' Lund tiller?
yep with a 40 Johnson. The stinger 1600.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 04:53:06 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

That's pretty old but for the transom to be bad it must've seen some hard use. Long hauls, heavy motor, & no transom saver can do that too just like getting pounded  :fishing: big water.  :scratch: Is that the max hp for that boat :scratch:, must be close?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been to Canada and got the piss beat out of it for 3 days but never abused.  Since I've owned it I put a hydraulic motor lift on it, was shocks from the previous owner but where shot. It's ALWAYS had  a transom saver.

I believe max HP is a 50 for the boat

Been on sand, Winnie and bowstring, about as big of water I put it in on. Lac duel was the Canadian lake.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 07:47:49 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those had wood in them.  Part of the life of them I suppose. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lac Seul is big water https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_Seul!! Roads that far north in Canada(~ 450) are usually pretty rough. Knowin you, you got a good deal on it & have had it for a while. So it owes you nothing, really.  Personally, with new & used boat prices what they are, I'd sell it. Not certain I'd buy anything different right now however!! You got a couple rigs you can use while your up for now, don't you?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think the roads to lac duel where we stayed were bad, but to lake sipiwisk way up in Manitoba... Uffda. But that boat didn't go there.

Paid 5 grand for it.  Yes that boat you seen tied up in the deer river thread, no locator though  :pouty: well yet.

Ain't making no decision till Tuesday

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: :doah: I thought you meant he took it to Lac Seul. :confused: No brainer for me, you wanted a new Hummingbird any way. Buy a new unit & put it on that boat until you find a new rig. Brother is good with the wiring stuff & I can manage a lot of the rest of it, so we've done all of ours.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope I did.

I just looked at about 300 pictures of boats on craigslist MN st cloud. Meh  :confused: I'd rather fix the one I got.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We've used this: https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/searchresults just to see prices & what might be close enough to look at. :scratch: Got ours of Craigslist, however.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We've used this: https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/searchresults just to see prices & what might be close enough to look at. :scratch: Got ours of Craigslist, however.
I used to look there but haven't in a while. Think I even joined that site, just didn't trip my trigger.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Decide how much you want to spend on your last boat, retirement boat, and then add 5 Grand to that and you should be able to find a nice boat.  What the heck, you deserve it Glenn. And boats are priced higher this time of year.  They drop in price in the fall.
« Last Edit: May 05/31/21, 07:11:05 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 You ever have outboard issues up here, let me know. I got a name off of Nextdoor,  been recommended by 1 of his neighbors a couple times. Will help install docks & lifts too.  :scratch: Think it's a Spring Lake address even. We need some work, new seals, on my uncles old 6hp & are probably going to talk to him about it sometime soon.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You ever have outboard issues up here, let me know. I got a name off of Nextdoor,  been recommended by 1 of his neighbors a couple times. Will help install docks & lifts too.  :scratch: Think it's a Spring Lake address even. We need some work, new seals, on my uncles old 6hp & are probably going to talk to him about it sometime soon.
  :happy1: :happy1: sounds good!!!!!! thanks..........and i know and ATV and lawnmower fixit guy!!!!!!!! rightr by the sand lake cemetery!!!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Decide how much you want to spend on your last boat, retirement boat, and then add 5 Grand to that and you should be able to find a nice boat.  What the heck, you deserve it Glenn. And boats are priced higher this time of year.  They drop in price in the fall.
after i got done looking at craigslist last nite i had a conversation with my wife and told her what i seen. alot of the boats there where older, and not real sure i want to go down that road again.  :scratch: maybe i'm to picky but i like the setup in my current boat and i definelty want to go 4 stroke.  maybe something 3-4 years old................