Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Olympics~  (Read 9375 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Today,sure ain't like the old days when olympians were proud of our country and flag,politics has ruined many if not all sports for alot of Americans today,personally I find the womens soccer team disgraceful,why would we send these ungrateful children to these games only to disrespect our country on world stage?it's sad.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Because they want to be paid on par with the men?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That has nothing to do with why they are taking a knee or wanting to burn the flag. But yes. All this BS has ruined sports for me. I see the NFL is going to play the black national anthem before week 1 games again. What happened to 1 national anthem???? Or maybe they  should play a white national anthem then too and an asian and hispanic. Man this irritates me. Roger Goodall needs to go or learn to grow a pair. All this wokeness is going to cost them money. I know I have quit watching.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Because they want to be paid on par with the men?

This might be an Onion story, but still funny...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I could like that a 1000 times!!!  :happy1: :happy1: The way it should be!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The blacks are hollering they need their own national anthem and it should be played at events. Isn't this exactly what they have been protesting and demonstrating about for years?! The divide between whites and blacks?
But they want their own anthem? Sounds like deepening the divide and jut making it more racist to me....
And who's causing the divide again?  :scratch:

« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 11:06:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The loud mouth activists.  Doing noone any good except the activist themselves.  They take the donations and keep it for themselves.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The blacks are hollering they need their own national anthem and it should be played at events. Isn't this exactly what they have been protesting and demonstaring about for years?! The divide between whites and blacks?
But they want their own anthem? Sounds like deepening the divide and jut making it more racist to me....
And who's causing the divide again?  :scratch:
Right on the money!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
1) If you represent a country at the Olympics. Don't play if your not going too.  :bs:

So far, it's not the "World Nonbinary sports event"! 

2) If you want to call this the "Melting pot" of all nations then you sing the Melting pots Anthem.

We an't got no time to sing all 195 of them before every event!    :mad1:
« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 11:08:32 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
1) If you represent a country at the Olympics. Don't play if your not going too.  :bs:

So far, it's not the "World Nonbinary sports event"! 

2) If you want to call this the "Melting pot" of all nations then you sing the Melting pots Anthem.

We an't got no time to sing all 195 of them before every event!    :mad1:

No time for any sports events anymore, as you said, after we get done singing everyone's "National Anthem".
Hail Freedonia!  :surrender:

https://youtu.be/x4OJGdtRx10
« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 11:31:59 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  :scratch: does that mean your buck-an- ears are has beens too. :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes: :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: does that mean your buck-an- ears are has beens too. :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes: :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We're discussing Olympians and protests/displays of inappropriate or perceived beliefs as related to the country from which that subject may be a citizen of at the moment, and their alleged beliefs of what they consider appropriate to display. World champion football teams aren't on the agenda at the moment, and the "too" in yer statement implies there are other "has beens" that you are thinking of. Is it a certain race/species you are referring to?  :sleazy:  :evil:
« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 01:30:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

We're discussing Olympians and protests/displays of inappropriate or perceived beliefs as related to the country from which that subject may be a citizen of at the moment, and their alleged beliefs of what they consider appropriate to display. World champion football teams aren't on the agenda at the moment, and the "too" in yer statement implies there are other "has beens" that you are thinking of. Is it a certain race/species you are referring to?  :sleazy:  :evil:
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Bet the concession stand won't have Eskimo Pies anymore, either.  :rolleyes:

https://kttc.com/2021/07/23/clevelands-baseball-team-goes-from-indians-to-guardians-2/
« Last Edit: July 07/23/21, 10:58:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I read that the men's Olympics basketball team lost.  :doah: embarrassing, how can the best basketball players supposedly in the world lose  :doah: guess it's there first loss in the Olympics since 2004

From what I read it is a pretty dis functional group, bickering amoungst the players  :confused:
« Last Edit: July 07/25/21, 11:35:05 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is surprising.  I thought they were the best of the best like you said Glenn.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe they have this!!

https://www.gocomics.com/aunty-acid/2021/07/25

just sayin.......
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps.  I see they lost to France 83-76

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So I read that the men's Olympics basketball team lost.  :doah: embarrassing, how can the best basketball players supposedly in the world lose  :doah: guess it's there first loss in the Olympics since 2004

From what I read it is a pretty dis functional group, bickering amoungst the players  :confused:
To busy taking a knee and being woke to play a decent game. Just like the ladies soccer team.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been kinda following the Olympics at a distance, what i see online and in the paper. thought i seen where that gymnist Simone Biles didnt qualify for some event????? 

i also just seen where the USA's world swimmer, Ledecky, lost to an Aussie, did take a silver medal though!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/26/21, 07:18:04 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

So I didn't hear. Any Trans-mission players get to play in the games with all the knee'rs or not this time?   :queen:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

So I didn't hear. Any Trans-mission players get to play in the games with all the knee'rs or not this time?   :queen:
:scratch: :scratch: you taking a special interest in that???? :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to here,arrogant thugs....News claims olympic viewership is way down,30 year low....

the few athletes that decided to use the olympics as their political plateform to disrespect our country,flag and anthem ruined these 2021 games for a alot of folks including respectful and  greateful to live in our great country team mates.no games at my ranch,not even high lights.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
been kinda following the Olympics at a distance, what i see online and in the paper. thought i seen where that gymnist Simone Biles didnt qualify for some event????? 

i also just seen where the USA's world swimmer, Ledecky, lost to an Aussie, did take a silver medal though!!!!!

Simone did qualify for every medal event despite not being at her best.  I hate it when sports media feels compelled to crown athletes THE Greatest Of All Time while they are still competing.  Its stupid and irrelevant, but storylines like that sell advertising.  I guess it is supposed to make us feel better about ourselves for watching - that we shouldn't miss out on something important.

Ledecky's loss to Aussie, Ariarne Titmus, was not an upset.  Titmus made it her mission to beat Ledecky in this event and she was faster than Ledecky in races all year leading up to the Olympics.  The fact that Ledecky made it so close was a testament to the drive and determination of both women.

This is what Olympic sport is all about - not what you get from Men's USA Basketball.  Nothing but excuses from those guys.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: you taking a special interest in that???? :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yep, keep the Tranys in the repair shop where they belong. Not beating up the opposite sex. You can call me any names you want. Sticks and Stones! 🙄

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yep, keep the Tranys in the repair shop where they belong. Not beating up the opposite sex. You can call me any names you want. Sticks and Stones! 🙄
:happy1: oh i agree!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

The NBA should fire everyone on the teams and hire all the Frenchie's that beat them!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

The NBA should fire everyone on the teams and hire all the Frenchie's that beat them!!  :happy1: :happy1:

More excuses...

Damian Lillard suggests foreign NBA players play better in the Olympics than in the NBA

"And you know who we see each night sometimes in the NBA, they are completely different when they play for their countries," Lillard said. "They got more freedom, and the comfort level is obvious. So we put ourselves in a dogfight, and they made plays to win it."

They got more freedom???

What is that supposed to mean.   :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
After lunch I turned them on and it was 3 on 3 half court women playing.  The US won by a point and they fought their azzes off.  Those are some tough girls.  Of course 2 of China's women looked like men to me.